PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

joeahearn

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 30, 2012
Hi all,
I just wanted to reach out and say how terribly sad I am about the news from Newton, CT today. My best friend's wife taught at that school. She and her students are safe, but heartbroken and terribly traumatized. Somehow, some way, we have got to find a way to keep our children safe in their schools.
Best,

Joe

bigmike

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 24, 2012
My sincere condolences to the families, children, and all those involved in this heinous tragedy.
Certainly the Families, Friends, and Community of these victims are going to greive for some time to come.
But, not only the people directly involved in the event will have emotional issues. The Police, Fire, Medics, Teachers, and others that were the first responders are going to be haunted by this incident for months if not years. The hearts of all Americans are bleeding for the victims of this event, especially those of us with children.
joeahearn: Not only do we need to keep our children safe from such future incidents, we need to keep everyone in America safe from these types of attacks.
imo: Lets face the facts, Until the Penalty Outweighs the Crime, these and other types of events will continue in our Society.
Please keep all these people in your prayers and consider helping them in any way you may deem appropiate.

numbersix

Lifer
Jul 27, 2012
My heart goes out to the children and families. I am the father of two daughters in elementary school and that would be nearly impossible to overcome. Prayers sent to all in Newton.

radio807

Can't Leave
Nov 26, 2011
New Jersey
Lets face the facts, Until the Penalty Outweighs the Crime, these and other types of events will continue in our Society.

In nearly all of these cases the murderers die at the scene, so judicial penalties are of no consequence. The answer lies elsewhere (I'm not sure where, but I don't think lax penalties are a contributing factor, any more than I think the death penalty would be a deterrent in this particular type of crime). These people are sick, deranged, whatever; but they're not rational thinkers expecting to get away with their crimes.
Prayers go out for all the victims, both the dead and the surviving ones.

instymp

Lifer
Jul 30, 2012
Prayers, but like a friend of mine said today, why don't they ever try this at a police station.

buster

Lifer
Sep 1, 2011
As a parent of two boys, one in the first grade. I was shocked to the core when I heard this news. God god what these families must be going threw? No words could describe it.

joshwolftree

Part of the Furniture Now
why don't they ever try this at a police station.

At the risk of offending some people. It's not that they don't try it at a police station. It's that "Moron enters police station with assault rifle opens fire, get off one round before being shot 357 times, shooter and water cooler only casualties." is not as big a headline as "twenty seven people,twenty of them kindergarteners, dead in school shooting."

puffin

Might Stick Around
Dec 18, 2010
As a teacher and a coach, this hit close to home. My thought are with the families morning, and I will hold those I love a little closer tonight.

cleidophoros

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 12, 2012
imo: Lets face the facts, Until the Penalty Outweighs the Crime, these and other types of events will continue in our Society.

Do you really think someone ready to open fire in a school and then kill himself would be bothered by what kind of a penalty he would get? 10 years, 20 years, 30 years, death penalty; what does it matter in the end? One wouldn't kill if he would get 30 years instead of 20?

rondyr

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 19, 2012
Bel Air, MD
You may not choose to believe in God, but if today didn't make you realize that there is true, pure evil in this world then I don't know what to tell you.
Twenty innocent, precious little children with bright futures ahead of them... gone in an instant. As humans, we want to somehow make sense out of this, but we can't. It's truly something that is senseless, and nothing less than absolute evil. As parents, we want to make sure this never happens again... but we can't. Evil will always find a way to work evil, no matter what measures are taken to prevent it.
I actually almost wish the 21st really was the end of this world. It's just about too depraved and too evil to be allowed to continue. I can only hope and pray that the Almighty is hugging those little ones right now, and that He will put His arms around those grieving parents and families and comfort them.

puffy

Lifer
Dec 24, 2010
North Carolina
I honestly believe that there have always been truly evil people in this world.It seems to me that only someone controled by satan could do such a horrible thing..How do those who loved those beautiful innocent kids cope with this?

htmn246

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 11, 2010
As long as we continue to have areas that are known to be gun free this is where the sick deranged will commit these crimes. The politicitians will continue to blame the tool (gun, knife, ect.) thus they can restrict more of our rights, when they should blame the killer and society.

zanthal

Lifer
Dec 3, 2011
Pleasanton, CA
As is often repeated "everything happens for a reason". But it took me most of my life to finish that sentence with "but not everything happens for a good reason"
I don't think there's hope in trying to figure out the 'why' of this. What's important to me right now, is how we heal, because that's what's really needed right now ... patience, and healing.

lonestar

Lifer
Mar 22, 2011
Edgewood Texas
You may not choose to believe in God, but if today didn't make you realize that there is true, pure evil in this world then I don't know what to tell you.
I honestly believe that there have always been truly evil people in this world.It seems to me that only someone controled by satan could do such a horrible thing
Lord, have mercy. Christ, have mercy.
I dont normally comment on spree killing because the world is a dangerous place and you can not stop disturbed and degenerate people from doing horrible things. But what this was is such a tragedy, how can any person be led to such depths ? Its not even human.

I dont care what religion you choose or reject. That man will burn in hell for eternity for his actions.

joeahearn

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 30, 2012
My friend Abbey Clements describes what happened to her and her students in this interview;
http://www.scpr.org/programs/airtalk/2012/12/14/29703/26-reported-dead-including-children-in-connecticut/
I'm just linking this here in case you want to listen.

Status
Not open for further replies.