PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

guitarguy86

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 6, 2012
Am I the only one who leaves the TV on this movie for 24 hours every year even though I could easily pop in the DVD?

reichenbach

Jan 5, 2012
West Park, NY
No, you're not. I do the same thing. I usually end up seeing it once all the way through the right way and then once again starting in the middle, then go do something and see closer to the beginning, and see the very end, and then the very beginning around 8pm.

hawk60ce

Lifer
Jun 11, 2012
No your not. We watched it last night from 8-10 and i turned it on first thing this AM. It will stay on until my wife finds the remote! She is not quite the fan that i am.

guitarguy86

Jul 6, 2012
Movie just ended, and getting ready to start again! Guess I'm not :crazy: after all

hawk60ce

Lifer
Jun 11, 2012
Well you might be :crazy: but not when it comes to 'A Christmas Story' :laughat: :rofl:

dhizzy

Aug 29, 2011
Haha.....got my girls a Red Ryder! They are stoked to shoot it.

guitarguy86

Jul 6, 2012
I guess the movie didn't do too good when it first came out, but after a while, it started growing on people, so they turned it into a marathon every year.

gnatjulio

Lifer
Mar 22, 2012
New York
I'm more partial to It's a wonderful life
agreed, but A Christmas Story is freaking awesome as well. Truly a new classic and a tradition in my home. The Santa Clause is ul there too.
And no, you're not the only one to keep it on, lol. The ACS marathon stays on for at least half the day here.

simnettpratt

Lifer
Nov 21, 2011
What's it about? I've never even heard of it.
@hizzy: I got a Red Ryder last year and thought it was a weird gift for an adult until I shot it. That thing will center a BB on a one inch target at room distances if you do your part! You know what's fun to do? Take a stout cardboard box (I use computer case boxes), and stick a bunch of those little one inch round orange targets on it. The BB goes into the box but not back out, and makes a great indoor range.
It's also good for making that damn noisy grackle fly away :)

guitarguy86

Jul 6, 2012
@simnettpratt: It's about a kid who spends the days leading up to Christmas trying to convince everyone he should get a Red Ryder BB gun from Santa.

guitarguy86

Jul 6, 2012
No problem. I would have replied earlier but my post didn't show up for some reason.

checotah

Feb 7, 2012
Some of us oldsters lived through that era and find a certain "going home" feeling about it. Watch it every other year or so. Never got the Red Ryder, but did get a pellet gun about my 9th birthday. Alternate with "It's a Wonderful Life", which was born the same year I was...yup, we're both old, but it seems to get better each year....
This year, watching both: Christmas Story last night and IAWL tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.