PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

newbroom

Lifer
Jul 11, 2014
Florida
I'm thinking about opening and trying for the first time, one of the following.

HH White Knight, Dunhill Nightcap, and Balkan Sasieni.

I've already exposed myself to a few blends containing Lat. ( Newminster's Ultimate English, HH 10toMidnight, and SPC MissRiver)
I'd love to hear comparisons.

hodirty

Lifer
Jan 10, 2013
I've only had nightcap, but highly recommend it. If you do get some nightcap, let it get some air for about three days or so, it makes it taste completely different. Try before and after airing, drying, and see the difference.

newbroom

Lifer
Jul 11, 2014
Florida
I appreciate your suggestion and I'll do that once I've opened the Nightcap.

I still think some of the guys will share their insights with experienced comparison.

gmwolford

Lifer
Jul 26, 2012
WV, USA
I've never had White Knight. But I think the BS is milder, more creamy than the NC. To me, NC is robust and a bit zesty, from the Perique. I like both but would pick NC over BS most of the time.

newbroom

Lifer
Jul 11, 2014
Florida
I appreciate hearing about favorites. My thought is that I'd have a 'progression'. Maybe from lowest in Lat to highest, or some other value in order to have the best for last.

edit: or maybe the other way around.

mrenglish

Lifer
Dec 25, 2010
Columbus, Ohio
I have not tried White Knight but would definitely go with Nightcap over the Sasieni. The Nightcap is a full bodied blend and oh so good. Ten to Midnight is stronger. The Sasieni is decent, more on the mild to medium side and soft on the palate.
Edit - Pretty much what Greg said.

werebear

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 13, 2014
Go with nightcap its amazing, but I can't vouch for the others.because I have never had them.

frank13

Can't Leave
Oct 5, 2014
Bakersfield, CA
I know I keep beating the drum for Lane's, "Crown Achievement," but this seems like the perfect thread for it: Latakia, perique, orientals, and virginians. It's a damn nice smoke, and I smoke it almost exclusively. It's really become my "go to," for now. Everything else in my array of tobaccos just seems a little bland by compare...

newbroom

Lifer
Jul 11, 2014
Florida
phonomet,

exactly the kind of thing I was hoping to see. Your comparisons seem to comport with my impressions. I'll probably go from Sasieni to WtKnt to Nightcap. I won't do them all in one day. I'll open one...smoke it till I think I've got a handle on it, and go on to the next. I'm in no hurry. Should any of these become extinct, maybe I'll be next anyway.

Cellaring multiple lbs of tobacco at may age and with my health isn't really very cost effective.

I suppose it would be a nice way to express a glass half full mentality, though.

newbroom

Lifer
Jul 11, 2014
Florida
Well...I went the other way. Got into the Nightcap. I'm still smoking the first bowl as I type. I'm using a MM Washington Cob and right out of the tin it's burning easy and smoothly. It has a sweetness to it I didn't expect.

I like it a lot. Now I'll probably have 'let down' trying those other two. I won't need a relight and I packed it pretty good. Big plus there.

Status
Not open for further replies.