PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

hobojoe

Can't Leave
Jun 15, 2011
Was Looking for a tobacco that would brake up the rotation to a natural smoke.

Carter Hall did it. Now am narrowing it down to 2 more different tobaccos.

Joe

hobojoe

Can't Leave
Jun 15, 2011
Well I have smoke Rabbit Tobacco (Ragweed) so I guess 3 is enough.

My pockets are not deep enough to take on the tobacco world.

I do not shy away from samples.

Joe

gecko13

Part of the Furniture Now
Feb 2, 2011
Goodyear,AZ
Excellent point Jud. I just got the second half of my December TAD order this afternoon. Thanks to that delivery, and the application of what I will dub "Jud's Law", the supply of other blends will now last longer. I must derive a mathematical equation for that, stayed turned for that. I think I will need two bowls of Penzance, or maybe some of that Einstein blend later this evening to derive that.
Joe, I agree with you on Carter Hall. That has become my main go to OTC tobacco. A pleasant natural brand, with minimal bells and whistles. I also like SWR, and to a lesser extent, SWR Aromatic.
:puffpipe:

pawpaw

Lifer
Jun 25, 2011
cleveland NC
i love Carter Hall puffin a bowl now but you may like a switch to a straight VA for aa natural blend switch and i am really liking Rattray's Hal O The Wynd and a new blend for me is Easy Times by C&D its "A traditional blend of red Virginia, Latakia and 20-year old fire cured Kentucky burley."lets just say i like it you may too

lestrout

Lifer
Jan 28, 2010
Chester County, PA
tobak saith: 'Over 40yrs of pipe smoking I am still amazed at all the different tobacco's that are about' - yeah, and ain't it grand? We are truly in a golden age of the tremendous variety of available and high quality blends.
hp

les

hobojoe

Can't Leave
Jun 15, 2011
Easy Times is on order. Wife is still wondering when the 1 pounds of My blend

and 1 pound of Bargain blend along with other tens and 4 free samples will be smoked.

So reason for 2 blends and a and a cleanser blend hats neutral and smokes to my taste.

Now for the new year. 1.75 vodka for 11.00 aaand a gallon of Bloody Mary mixx-spiced.

and rye wiskey to brake up the rotation and topp off with a pipe and cold a** beer.
Bring that New Year in and I will spank that baby's butt.

Joe

pawpaw

Lifer
Jun 25, 2011
cleveland NC
let me know what you think of easy times i wish i could do a proper review of this blend but the flavors excape me but i do know i really like them i would call it a sweet smokey meaty smoke but i still think that misses the mark

judcole

Lifer
Sep 14, 2011
Detroit
Haven't tried Easy Times, but I know that the leaf will be top- grade - it is from C&D, after all. I've learned that I don't care for burley & latakia together - but that's just me. Enjoy!

Status
Not open for further replies.