PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

misterzombie

Lurker
Dec 30, 2012
Hey guys, so I've been smoking my cob with some CB Cherry for the past week. What I've noticed is that once it really starts going and I'm taking long slow sips, I start to get this tingling dizzy/light headed feeling kind of like an alcohol buzz. I haven't really ever smoked anything before (except a couple cigarettes when I was a kid) so I'm wondering if this is a common attribute to tobacco? Is it the nicotine? Thanks.

chakaraka

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 28, 2012
Vernon, BC, Canada
I noticed the same thing with CBW last night, was only my second smoke from a pipe though too. Still trying to get the basics down myself.
:)

misterzombie

Lurker
Dec 30, 2012
Haha alright thanks guys. I was a little worried if maybe it was a symptom of something else, but it sounds like it is just the nicotine. I'll keep on smokin' on.

bigboi

Lifer
Nov 12, 2012
Well misterzombie just watch out. That nicotine can creep up on you, just about a week ago I started venturing into some stronger tobacco and boom, it hit me and I was puking. So take it slow, some advice I got, was drink some sweet tea along with it. Eat something before hand.
Like you I am learning to ropes, but finding this hobby is so relaxing and rewarding. The guys on this site have been super helpful so far to me.

rmbittner

Lifer
Dec 12, 2012
misterzombie:
You absolutely can throw up because of tobacco. Some people love them, but I try very hard to stay away from high-nicotine blends. I hate the "buzz," and I absolutely hate how sick you can get from too much nicotine: raging headache, nausea, vertigo. Maybe this is because I never smoked cigarettes (to inhale, anyway), so I've never built up much tolerance for "Vitamin N." But now I'm very cautious whenever I try new blends that are known for "strength" until I see what's meant by that. (To some smokers, that seems to mean a lot of latakia!) But I've also tossed out blends after only a couple of puffs because of how strong the nic hit was.
Bob

erichbaumer

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 4, 2012
Illinois
Big's right, an empty stomach can really get ya. Otherwise, it's just building a tolerance. I found that I built one fairly quickly, maybe in part because I smoke cigars fairly often. I only get uncomfortably light-headed if I do something stupid like smoking Irish Flake and Nightcap back to back (yes I seriously did that... not smart). Otherwise just keep puffin', and don't be too scared of high nic blends- just approach them with the high content in mind and you should be fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.