PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

condorlover1

Lifer
Dec 22, 2013
New York
I was sent this last night. its a brief but informative film about the relaunch of the John Cottons pipe tobacco blends by the Standard Tobacco Company and it features Russ O and Dan (Woodsroad) talking about the whole story and also smoking their pipes!
https://youtu.be/oZCdnr06E0k

fordm60

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 19, 2014
Very nice video and a good presentation of what John Cotton was/is for those who may not know.

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
I was able to sample all three at the West Coast Pipe show, and jaw a bit with Dan, Russ, the other Dan and many more. All nice smokes, but my favorite is the Smyrna.

buroak

Lifer
Jul 29, 2014
The video is nicely done and I enjoyed hearing about the tobaccos from two of the leading men in their reintroduction.
Also, I was amused to see that the map in a video about the revival of a famous UK tobacco completely omitted the British Isles.

Jan 4, 2015
Massachusetts
The video is nicely done,it comes across as very relaxed, sincere and informative. My compliments.

@Sable, you're right. It's amazing what you guys in Hollywood can do with a computer! Looks just like them.

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
Agree on all points above, and took another look at the map, and......there are no British Isles at all! Good catch, and wonder if there's an explanation forthcoming?

Dec 24, 2012
Fantastic. Dan has a face made for radio.
Also, I will soon be starting a crowdfunding thread to pay for remedial pipe lighter training for Dan.

blendtobac

Lifer
Oct 16, 2009
We couldn't put the British Isles on the map because they refused to be associated with either one of us. Probably because of something Simon did.
Russ

deathmetal

Lifer
Jul 21, 2015
Maybe if you also drank tea in your videos? They're still sore over the loss of tea to salt water in Boston.

4etecjonathan

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 16, 2015
Lets hear some replies from our British and Scottish Pipers!!!I would like to hear their thoughts on this tobacco??
Jon :puffpipe: :puffpipe:

Status
Not open for further replies.