A Bombing In Arkansas (the good kind, don't worry)

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

wallbright

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 22, 2010
Guys, I got bombed. There was severe damage to my TAD as it realized I won't need to buy tobacco for the next two years haha. A member from another forum, whom I have become good friends with, sent me an amazing package. Complete with the Peterson I was actually thinking of buying. Here it is. I can list what is in it later as I am not home yet but there is alot! The total weight was 3.7 lbs. All of the tins in the back row are unopened. I will itemize it and post it once I finish my homework that is due at midnight. School, always getting in the way of pipes psshh.
0c8e956f.jpg

lordnoble

Lifer
Jul 13, 2010
Be careful with that there Five Brothers, son... They don't play nice if you cross 'em! HAHAHA. Looks like you hit the motherlode! Congrats on not needing to buy any more tobacco for 2 years! (Who are we kidding? Knowing you and how bad your TAD is, you'll be buying more in a week and a half...)
Excellent score. I'm extremely jealous. I wish I had friends. hee hee!
-Jason

wallbright

Aug 22, 2010
Haha yes I am truly blessed to have such a friend. The guys over there have bombed me with 5lbs of tobacco in total. In the whole time I have been smoking I have only bought 8oz of tobacco yet have 5lbs 8oz of tobacco. Here is the itemized list of what was included.
Overall, I would say that this is by far the greatest gift I have received related to tobacco or from a friend this year. This must be a lot of moneys worth of pipes and tobacco here and I am blessed to have such a great friend. Also, I will not have to buy tobacco for atleast a year now lol.
Peterson Donegal Rocky 80s, smoked but in great condition with no bite marks except a few scuffs on the stem. It is NOT a P-lip stem and has the logo on it. (Which I am thankful for as I do not like P-lip stems).
(ounces are my guestimation and may not be accurate as I do not know what an ounce looks like compared to 1.5 or 2 except through experience with tins)
Tobacco:

1. C&D Tuskegee Airman - unopened tin

2. G. L. Pease Quiet Nights - unopened tin

3. Dan Tobacco Old Ironsides - unopened tin

4. Villiger 1888 Early Day - unopened tin

5. Dan Tobacco The Malthouse Founders Reserve - unopened tin (my favorite tobacco)

6. Dan Tobacco Hamborger Beermaster (I think pronounced Veermaster?) - unopened tin

7. Five Brothers - full pouch

8. Granger - partial pouch?

9. Tobacco Galleria Fox and Hound -full pouch

10. Velvet - partial pouch?

11. PS Proper English - 1oz

12. Engine 99 - 1oz

13. Larrys Blend - 2oz

14. Red Parramour - 2oz

15. Altadis 311 English - 2oz

16. Walnut - 1oz

17. Spilman Mixture - 1oz

18. Penzance - 1.5oz

19. Squadron Leader - 1oz

20. Stone Have - no idea as it is a flake

21. PL 11-012 - 1.5oz

22. Chelsea Morning - 1oz

23. Sir Walter Raleigh - 1oz

24. C&D Pirate Kake - no idea as it is a cake but its 2 inches wide, 1.5 inches long, and 3/4 an inch thick.

cortezattic

Lifer
Nov 19, 2009
Chicago, IL
Wow, very nice start on a deep cellar. Well, jar the open stuff and then have fun sampling in round-robin style. But heed Jason's advice, the 5 Brothers is a whoop-ass tobacco and burns like a prairie fire.

wallbright

Aug 22, 2010
Haha yes I hear to be careful about the 5 Brothers. I am purchasing 36 8oz jars tomorrow at Ace as I have a credit there. I will also buy more if needed as the number of samples would require more mason jars as there is some samples that are smaller amounts than others.

abecox

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 8, 2010
Its hard to type with all this drool in my mouth. Good haul man good haul!

jship079

Can't Leave
Oct 17, 2010
Nice we need to bring the bombing spirit to this site on my cigar fourm im on we unleash hell upon the members with literally thousands of dollars in trades passes and bombs monthly

krgulick

Lifer
Jul 13, 2010
Geez, what a haul. Hope they all are enjoyable for you. Like you say, you are set for a while.

Status
Not open for further replies.