PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

numbersix

Lifer
Jul 27, 2012
As some of you know, I recently returned a new Peterson Rosslare (due to a cheaply made tenon). So I decided to take a look at what was on ebay.
Now my birthday is Aug 16, 1962, and wouldn't you know it, a day before my birthday I see a 6.5" Dunhill billiard (my preferred shape and size) and it appeared to have a manufacture stamp of 1962 (2).
I decided it must be ordained in the stars and placed my bid—won it for $124! Really looking forward to this one and starting the restoration process (though I may even send this one out).
dunnie-395x600.jpg

numbersix

Lifer
Jul 27, 2012
Thanks a lot guys.
Congrats Thom, send it out and get that sucker back in full dress, then have a pipe party and tell us about it.
Thanks Bradley - I am sorely tempted to do so, but I also don't want to wait too long to smoke it (plus I enjoy refurbishing pipes). I will just have to make the decision when she arrives.

smokeybear

Lifer
Dec 21, 2012
Brampton,Ontario,Canada
Numbersix that is a killer looking dunhill for a killer price sir, i too am on the hunt for a pipe of my birth year (AUG 18th,1986), I only wish to be as lucky as you to find that shape and finish on a dunhill for that price.

numbersix

Lifer
Jul 27, 2012
Floyd has a fast turnaround, you won"t be sorry!
You are tempting me Bradley - lol!! His work is excellent. I think I will inquire.

Numbersix that is a killer looking dunhill for a killer price sir, i too am on the hunt for a pipe of my birth year (AUG 18th,1986), I only wish to be as lucky as you to find that shape and finish on a dunhill for that price.
I wish you lots of luck. When I hit ebay, I wasn't even looking, nor did I expect to find a birth year Dunnie (esp in the shape I prefer). Very glad I returned that Peterson Rosslare I have to say!

jah76

Lifer
Jun 27, 2012
Grats Six!
You of course need another that was made the same year you got married. Then there's the kids birthdays too!

werdna

Can't Leave
Jun 6, 2013
Some say life is written in the stars, you're pipe was destiny. Congrats on a great looking Dunhill, and Happy Birthday.

numbersix

Lifer
Jul 27, 2012
Thanks a lot guys - pretty happy with this one. The seller has a high rating and listed the pipe as lightly smoked. We'll see!
Some say life is written in the stars, you're pipe was destiny.
I think I have to agree! :puffy:

fishnbanjo

Lifer
Feb 27, 2013
Wow, you know sometimes things just happen for a reason. I realize had the Peterson not had that tenon you would have kept it and been satisfied but to bounce back like that is a great birthday gift to yourself, so Happy Birthday, belatedly, and enjoy that gorgeous Dunhill Shell, it's a corker.

bentmike

Lifer
Jan 25, 2012
Congrats six that's a great looking Dunhill. It looks pretty clean in the pictures to me.

numbersix

Lifer
Jul 27, 2012
Thanks guys - much appreicated!
You of course need another that was made the same year you got married. Then there's the kids birthdays too!
lol! Funny thing is, I never cared about a birth year Dunhill. I thought it'd be nice, but it wasn't high on my list. More important for me was shape and size. That's what's so great about this pickup - it was a win-win-win on all counts.
Wow, you know sometimes things just happen for a reason. I realize had the Peterson not had that tenon you would have kept it and been satisfied but to bounce back like that is a great birthday gift to yourself, so Happy Birthday, belatedly, and enjoy that gorgeous Dunhill Shell, it's a corker.
So true Fish - I was very sorry to send back the Pete, but to turn around and find this one makes me think it was meant to be! :puffy:

Status
Not open for further replies.