PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

jdto

Might Stick Around
Nov 11, 2012
Hello all. I've sort of been lurking and kicking around, but recently signed up here. I figured I'd post my latest burst of PAD for you.
The Dunhill came from a member of another forum. 1964 Bruyere Group 1 Shape 32. Zippo for size perspective.

IMG_4200.jpg

The 'bash is an Ebay rescue. I'm not sure, but I think the bowl is pressed meer (the crack looks superficial). Any input there is appreciated. Walker Briar Works made a new stem and cleaned it up for me. I made the stand for it from a piece of a leather strop (for a straight razor) that was creased and no longer good for stropping.

IMG_4172.jpg

IMG_4181.jpg

And finally, a new Tinsky, which is just a beauty. In person it's even better than in the photos (Mark's pics, not mine). A question: what would you call this shape?

sb851_smooth1.jpg

kasbah

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 26, 2012
Wow, awesome scores. That Dunhill is sleek and oh so sexy. I think the Tinsky would be designated as a bent apple, but I could be wrong. Again, beautiful pipes, congratulations!

crk69

Part of the Furniture Now
Jun 30, 2012
Nice bunch of pipes... Love the resto on the calabash, and I would also say bent apple on the Tinsky.. Congrats and welcome to the forum!!

jdto

Might Stick Around
Nov 11, 2012
Thanks guys :D
I keep pulling out the Tinsky here at work and looking at it like a kid with a new toy. I'm gonna have to figure out what blend to use for the baptism by fire this evening!

mthanded

Can't Leave
Sep 15, 2012
I like all three but the Tinsky really catches my eye. I like the grain and the shape.

jdto

Might Stick Around
Nov 11, 2012
That's my second Tinsky, but not my last. It smokes just as well as its big brother, acquired in the spring. You can't go wrong with one of Mark's pipes, imo.
IMG_1059.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.