PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

brdavidson

Lifer
Dec 30, 2012
I want to say a big thank you to my fellow pipesmokers who helped me out on issues I've had with keeping my pipe lit. I tried several of your suggestions and had my two best smokes to date. Minimal re lights, nice flavourful smoke and a truly enjoyable and relaxing experience. I packed my bowl a little tighter, tamped more often and really set the lighter to the baccy during the true light. No bite, great flavour, just wow! I had a bowl of escudo then a bowl of Mr B's Cambridge Mixture both in my new Lorenzetti. Once again thanks.

brdavidson

Lifer
Dec 30, 2012
It did indeed Roth, such a different experience. Im sure the nice new chunk of thick briar didnt hurt, but I think I finally got a feel for what the draw should feel like

phred

Lifer
Dec 11, 2012
Glad to hear the advice was helpful - I've learned a lot on here myself.

withnail

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 30, 2011
United Kingdom
That's the joy of this forum. No matter what the pipe question is, someone will have some helpful hints. Now you have the feel of what a good draw is like, it will be easier and easier to judge new blends, cuts and pipes.
Happy smoking

spartan

Lifer
Aug 14, 2011
You mean we aren't just talking out of our asses and our suggestions actually help?
Mind blown. 8O
All kidding aside, I'm glad these old farts on here know what they're talking about too.
Super helpful place. :clap:

brdavidson

Lifer
Dec 30, 2012
Great advice, had my third bowl after all the input and had another great bowl on the drive home from work. Tamped more and only one delight after dumping some ash. So much better!

Status
Not open for further replies.