PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

hawke

Lifer
Feb 1, 2014
Augusta, Ga
Well, the most Ive ever paid for a Pipe(so far) here. Ive been messing with Yello Boles, Kaywoodies, and WDC's mostly since Jan '14 when I started smoking pipes. I did buy a Kirsten for $50 which I am warming up to. So investing small dollars I found I like long shank pipes in the Canadian style and thick bowls. They seem to suit my smoking style best. Not very good to carry but nice for the relaxed smoke at home.
So I spotted a Savinelli which is almost a straight grain in the long shank arena. I decided on a price and hit the snipe button. I won it for the exact amount I placed. Looking forward to trying out my Savinelli - Deluxe Milano.
$50.53 seems like a pretty good price with the mostly straight grain and all. Thank you to the seller if he frequents this forum. Savinelli is well spoken of here, Ive never built a fire in one myself. Sure is prety though.

cmdrmcbragg

Lifer
Jul 29, 2013
I like it, @hawke. I'm a Sav fan, own three myself, so I don't think you'll be disappointed. Give it a good cleaning and it'll be good to go.

plateauguy

Lifer
Mar 19, 2013
Congratulations! I think you'll enjoy your new Sav.

For the longest time, I resisted buying a Sav (I was a classic Peterson guy). Then I bought my first Sav and the rest is history! Easier to break-in, great quality - what more can I say?

elpfeife

Lifer
Dec 25, 2013
I had a Deluxe Milano and liked it very much. It was a great pipe and is definitely worth more as a smoker than they typically cost. I only shed it because it was a filter pipe(9mm) and I didn't use it much. But I probably should have kept it. :cry:

msandoval858

Part of the Furniture Now
Jun 11, 2012
Austin, TX
Great score! Many will agree that you can never go wrong with a Savinelli. That pipe is a beauty and should provide you many years of smoking enjoyment.
At $50 you are lucky that I didn't see it. I would have likely been bidding against you :)

dread

Lifer
Jun 19, 2013
Nice pipe at a great price. I love all of my Savinelli pipes, they are great smokers.

natenice1

Can't Leave
Jun 15, 2014
Congrats Hawke, you won't be disappointed any new pipes I buy are usually Savinelli plus I have a penchant for Canadians and Lovats, I bet it smokes like a dream! Happy puffing. :puffy:

brudnod

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 26, 2013
Great Falls, VA
What I like best about this forum is the the support we give each other. Hawke, you have scored well. Lovely grain and shape. I particularly like the longer tenon which supports the shank better. I love my Savs and never thought the money paid was excessive. In this case you got a great price on a fine pipe. A little sanitizing and some buffing of the stem and it will look like new. For what it is worth, I always do a salt-alcohol treatment on newly acquired pipes; gets the ghosts out somewhat. Well done!

brdavidson

Lifer
Dec 30, 2012
Nice pipe, I love my Sav and it smokes wonderfully. Hope you have many years of enjoyment out of it.

yazamitaz

Lifer
Mar 1, 2013
I have two Savs and they are both quality pipes and good smokers. I hope you get many decades out of that one.

Status
Not open for further replies.