PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

andystewart

Lifer
Jan 21, 2014
I was determined to celebrate my 50th birthday with a new artisan pipe; after a long search, I asked Dan Chlebove of Gabrieli Pipes (bluesmk on this forum) to make me one of his masterpieces. The pipe arrived while I was on holiday so I was full of anticipation by the time I opened the package on my return. I already have one of Dan's pipes - a cutty - and I was aware of the quality materials and craftsmanship that characterise his work, but even then I was blown away by my beautiful new friend. Dan went to a lot of effort to understand my preferences and sent me work-in-progress pics to keep me up to date, but the end result still far exceeded my expectations.
I'd like to blame my iPhone for any defects in these pictures, but it's really that I have absolutely zero artistic ability. That said and with greatest thanks to Dan, I give you my Birthday Pipe by Gabrieli:
sPC9OEz.png

ihXWtZL.png

57aP9kz.png

JJdrHpB.png

jeovx8P.png

Andy

papipeguy

Lifer
Jul 31, 2010
Bethlehem, Pa.
Andy, that's beautiful. Happy Birthday and Happy Smoke Rings with it. I have Dan working on a classic bulldog. I can't wait to see what he comes up with. This will be my 3rd Gabrieli.

Make sure you smoke one of your Gabrieli's on Monday, August 25. That's the next meeting of the Lehigh Valley Pipe Club and since you represent our international branches it would be very appropriate.

Cheers,

John

andystewart

Lifer
Jan 21, 2014
Thanks very much guys! John I will and I will think of you all - the 25th is my actual birthday!
Andy

andystewart

Lifer
Jan 21, 2014
Thanks again guys.
@sparks it is exactly that - just a hint of plateau to break up the lines and add a bit of interest.
Andy

brdavidson

Lifer
Dec 30, 2012
Happy Birthday Andy! What a lovely way to celebrate such a milestone. Many happy returns.
Brian

andystewart

Lifer
Jan 21, 2014
Wow - what a wonderful pipe! I decided to break this Gabrieli in with Bombay Court - not only is it one of my favourite blends, but I've found it excellent for breaking in pipes. The virgin wood in this bowl is giving an amazing range of tastes and I just love the fact that even one-third of this stack is a meaningful smoke! The pipe itself is a fantastic looker and is all balance, with the weight well distributed for clenching and an incredibly comfortable cut-away saddle-stem. The draw is clean, crisp and full, belying the sharp cut of the stem and adding to the enjoyment. Very happy - thanks again Dan!
Andy

Status
Not open for further replies.