A 1000 Posts, 2 Years Of Pipe Smoking, And The Birth Of A Club.

SmokingPipes.com Updates

New Cigars

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

blueeyedogre

Lifer
Oct 17, 2013
2 years ago I took up the pipe with a seriousness I never had before. I had dabbled now and then but I'd never taken the plunge. I'm glad I had. 16 months ago I found this great place..... This bastion of briars, brothers, and like- minded pipers that I now call friends. Now from the local friends I have met on here a club has been born and it is a source of great times in the summer months. Morton, Yaddy306, and myself met a few times last summer and swapped blends, told stories, and shared experiences and we all look forward to doing it again this summer. Our local B+M has shown an interest in sponsoring our meets with donations of tobbaco so a name must be found. With this I introduce the " Wheat Kings Prairie Pipe Club"!

F1FA1FAB-185E-434E-BD51-98F64FDC8ADA.png_zpsab9hbfj2.jpeg

My thanks to Kevin, Shan, The Cajun, Peck, and so many other brothers of the briar that have kept me so entertained for the last 1000 posts and here's to the next 1000 to come!!! Cheers all!!!

mustanggt

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 6, 2012
Congratulations!!! You must live near Brandon? I live in a pretty big area 300K people, with a WHL team, but no B&M and of course no official pipe club. I am president of my pipe club and we meet on my front porch every night. Glad you fellas have a place to meet out of the bitter cold.

yaddy306

Lifer
Aug 7, 2013
Regina, Canada
Congrats on the post count, Ogre!

Either you're more verbose than I am, or I'm better at starting threads that get deleted!
Nice job on the pipe club logo, too!

smeigs

Lifer
Jun 26, 2012
Congrats man. I recently hit the 1k mark as well. This is a great place to be. Look forward to your posts in the next 1k.

fmgee

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 26, 2014
Congrats. Love the logo. I came really close to moving to the praries after I had been in Canada for about a year. Glad that didn't happen as the temperatures would have killed me... but a summer time visit to a pipe club makes the middle of the country all the more enticing!

settersbrace

Lifer
Mar 20, 2014
Congrats on both counts and especially getting a club going. Chances are you will be lifelong friends and now you all have the benefit of each of the others experiences. I strongly recommend any piper regardless of time spent in the hobby to try and attend a pipe club gathering. The rewards for doing so are irreplaceable.

Status
Not open for further replies.