Status
Not open for further replies.

admin

Smoking a Pipe Right Now
Staff member
Nov 16, 2008
St. Petersburg, FL
pipesmagazine.com
We have now switched the show to Tuesday nights! We did this because of Brian's travel schedule. Ironically, tonight's show is pre-recorded because Brian is traveling. :roll:
Our Featured Interview tonight will be the 2nd interview with Mike Butera. This time, Mike goes into more detail about pipe making and tobacco blending. Mike has had a great influence in the business of pipe making, tobacco blending and cigar making for over 30-years. In our opening "Pipe Parts" educational segment, Brian will talk about the benefits of "Slow Lighting" your pipe.
Mike Butera

mike-butera-pipe.jpg

saint007

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 22, 2013
I'll have to catch it and I hope you asked him when on-line retailers might expect to get some Pelican in stock. I haven't been able to find any in months.

settersbrace

Lifer
Mar 20, 2014
It was great having 2 great shows in the span of 5 days and I highly recommend going to 2 shows per week. After all, in the entertainment biz it's Brian's obligation to give the people what they want!!
Loved the pipe parts segment (very informative) and having Mike talk about his cigar line developement made for some great listening. I've never smoked a Butera cigar but I'm on the hunt now.

theediabeticman

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 5, 2014
Great interview - love hearing this guy discuss briar, cigars, and old tobaccos
Wish he could get arrango on board with making more Kingfisher and ANY OTHER bird blends he could think up

riffraff

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 8, 2014
South Carolina
The Pipe Parts about "Slow Lighting" was very interesting. I am going to try it and see how this works. I have a pipe that smokes a little hot and maybe this is just the method I need to employ to see if it corrects the problem.
The continued interview with Mike was very interesting. I had no idea he at one point owned Esoterica. It was good to hear that the scarcity is due to finding quality tobacco rather than anything else. Mike is a fascinating guy. Now more than ever, I want to buy one of his pipes.
I hope you enjoyed the conch fritters, johnny cakes, and the Mai Thais, Brian.
Great show, gents.

Status
Not open for further replies.