PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

scrooge

Lifer
Apr 24, 2015
CONDOR original Long Cut. This is a pretty good blend. Was wondering where it stands in the Condor line up.

hawky454

Lifer
Feb 11, 2016
Austin, TX
I don't know what you mean by where it stands in the Condor line up but damn, I love this stuff, it's absolutely brilliant! It took a few bowls before I really understood it but now I can't live with out it. I just placed a pretty large order for Condor LC and Revor Plug (another one that's really grown on me, thanks to Misterlowercase).

thefalcon

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 23, 2012
Condor, A just reward for the smoker who has graduated to The King of Pipe Tobaccos! :worship:

May 31, 2012
GQ Tobacco is the cheapest way for Yanks to get this stuff.
Although it requires a little creativity to order, after you're over that first hurdle it's all gravytrain to groovytown.
If details are required for Americans who wish to order,

pm me and I'll fill in the blanks...
http://www.gqtobaccos.com/pipe-tobaccos/condor-long-cut-flake/
:puffy:

fluffie666

Can't Leave
Apr 4, 2014
The mighty Condor. It's such a good smoke. To me, Condor is like what pipe tobacco is "should" taste like. I tried the RR and plug. I prefer the plug as well. I've developed a fetish with this particular tobacco. For some reason I can only smoke it when it's dark and cool outside. After the sun sets and in the early hours of the morning when there is no sunlight. There is something just so comforting about it. I have an old kerosene lamp I put on sometimes. At a table all alone, all the windows in the house open, a cool breeze after 2 am with my lamp and pipe loaded with the mighty green bird, it's absolutely blissful. Smoking it during daylight hours when it's warm out, I can't do it. Night time is Condor time for me and I can't be without it.

username

Lifer
Dec 24, 2014
Tucson Az
I wish I could get my cc to work on pipe divan my bank keeps auto declining it. I need more condor plug. No one takes paypal do to there policy. Oh well I'm broke till next week anyway.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Some Forums members love their Condor. It sounds like you have to chase the blend down, but some enjoy the hunt and couldn't live without it.

mawnansmiff

Lifer
Oct 14, 2015
Sunny Cornwall, UK.
To answer the original question, the Condor line up is thus:
Yellow Wrapper = mild

Green Wrapper = ready rubbed (stronger)

Brown Wrapper = long cut (flake) stronger still with more body

Plug very strong/robust (allegedly)
I only know the green & brown (looking out for the plug) and they are superb blends, so tasty and so easy to smoke. Fill up, light up and savour that Condor Moment :worship:
I have recently been smoking a tin of Rattray's Sterling Flake and it bears an amazing similarity to the Mighty Condor!
Regards,
Jay.

hawky454

Lifer
Feb 11, 2016
Austin, TX
Really? I'm gonna have to try it. Are you talking about the leaf itself is similar or the topping? Didn't I hear on here that Stirling Flake is essentially Irish Flake with a different label?

mawnansmiff

Lifer
Oct 14, 2015
Sunny Cornwall, UK.
Hawky, I too have read that Stirling Flake emulates Irish Flake, however I have not yet tried IF though it is on my shopping list.
I personally think the similarities twixt Condor and SF are mainly in the flavour. One gets the same leathery/dried fruit but with the slightest of hints of floral. My notes tell me it is sweeter overall and can burn a little warm.
Regards,
Jay.

Status
Not open for further replies.