PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

birddog

Lurker
May 25, 2014
So I finally got my first pipes. First though, Metro Detroit doesn't have much in the retail part for buying pipes. I guess I should've gone to Flint.
Anyways here are my first pipes. Found at a local tobacco shop on a display rack. All 3 are MM pipes. I really can't wait till I can smoke through them.

birddog

Lurker
May 25, 2014
Thanks. Really looking forward to it. The wife is even interested in trying it out. I used to smoke cigars but always wanted to do pipe.

sidious

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 30, 2014
Welcome birddog. You picked some great pipes to start with. Which tobacco are you going to try first?

Dec 24, 2012
The one on the left I am sure will be a good smoker. The one on the far right though . . . yeesh . . . I bought one of those little guys when I first started out and all I could taste was stain. I hope yours is better. Good luck.

birddog

Lurker
May 25, 2014
Just starting with some Wild Bill's Black Cavendish. It's a retailer around here that has their own bulk tobacco. I'm trying to get the baccy lit and stay lit. And to enjoy it.

novicemaker

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 12, 2014
If you like sweeter baccy, give boswell a try. I have heard great things about the blends and they have very reasonable price tags.

tlag77

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 3, 2013
Dave, If you are close enough to go to Paul's you should really make the trip, I went a month ago, just to see the Mi Pipe Mecca. You will not be disappointed at all the pipes they have there. They also have like 50 of their own blends of 'baccy. Welcome to the community.

birddog

Lurker
May 25, 2014
Yea. Definitly going to go to Paul's. Will have to bring my father along. He would love it.

lordnoble

Lifer
Jul 13, 2010
I got some of Paul's Christmas blend from Ben (uber4merica) and it is one of the few aromatics that's smoke tastes like the pouch note. It burns really well out if the bag. I don't need to let it dry before smoking. I'm looking forward to trying more of their blends.
-Jason

Status
Not open for further replies.