PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

ace57

Lifer
Jun 21, 2011
I just did My 1st hand made pipe. 100% by hand no power tools at all. It's made from apple wood,took 20 hrs. to do and 10 bandaids. Hope it smokes better than it looks.

I still can't get pics to come up.

ace57

Lifer
Jun 21, 2011
Thanks Baskerville59 for helping Me with the pics. No matter what I do I just can't get them to post.

Jul 15, 2011
Whoo whee! Thats a beauty buddy! I really dig that shape. I dont really know what it would be classified as, but it looks like bacci would really burn well in that thing. Great job! You'll have to let us know how it smokes!

ejames

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
Nice work Ace! Looks kinda like a cross between a dublin and a cherrywood/poker..sorta.

ace57

Lifer
Jun 21, 2011
Thanks all, I did it all by hand, no power tools used at all just a small hand saw, rat tail file, sandpaper, 3 diff. drill bits, and a vise grip to hold the bits. Forgot some band aids too.

jasongone

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 23, 2011
i love the shape. it is exactly what the wood is! i think it looks awesome... now just pull that damn metal thingy out of your stem and you'll be good sir :wink:

stryder

Might Stick Around
Aug 24, 2011
I used to build my fishing rods and can say there nothing better than using something you made with your own hands. Hope she smokes long and cool.

nathaniel

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 4, 2011
I gotta try this... I tried once, but failed miserably. Next time maybe I'll have better skill.

Status
Not open for further replies.