PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

fhb2532

Lifer
Feb 22, 2010
1st ebay win eight grabows with stand
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=190403029140&ssPageName=STRK:ME

pstlpkr

Lifer
Dec 14, 2009
Birmingham, AL
Congratulations Frank,
Not bad at all... I particularly like the blue pipe.

I have always liked the look of the Dr.G colored pipes.

I have seen an Avocado colored pipe that I wanted bad.

(I'm probably going to catch h-e-double Q for that.)
I think the stand is probably worth what you paid for the lot.

Good show old man!

zarb

Lurker
Jun 3, 2010
Wow, the blue pipe really stands out doesn't it. I'd say you got a great deal!

chuckw

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 7, 2009
From what I can see, the bowl rims are in good shape indicating little usage. A good buy indeed.

ohin3

Lifer
Jun 2, 2010
Nice snag buddy. I too like coloured pipes. I am rather surprised that more pipe makers don't do coloured stains. I love the Peterson greens and reds. The old solid coloured pipes have a certain campy spot in my heart no doubt, but I would love to see more coloured stains out there.

surfmac211

Oct 28, 2009
Jacksonville, Florida
Get ready once you get your first pipe win on eBay you just keep buying. I catch myself at least once a day looking for pipes and convincing myself that I need a new pipe. Right now I'm trying to control my PAD and stock up on some tobacco. I figure my pipes aren't going anywhere soon but who knows how long pipe tobacco will be in an affordable range. That being said I picked up a lot of 2 pipes yesterday lol.

classicgeek

Apr 8, 2010
Good score! I'm pretty sure you would find something in that lot to match any smoking mood you were in.
I wouldn't mind getting a some estate pipes to practice restoring, preferably ones like these Grabows that wouldn't represent a huge $ value if I botched it. Nice stand, too!
Simon

cortezattic

Lifer
Nov 19, 2009
Chicago, IL
That's the ticket classicgeek -- practice restoration with those pipes, although they don't exactly look like clunkers. I'd say nice pick-up Frank. Maybe this'll start a new thing called e-BAD (e-Bay Acquisition Disorder.) Like Lawrence said, the stand is worth what you paid for the lot. Heck, if you cleaned up those pipes and resold them you'd have turned a profit!

fhb2532

Lifer
Feb 22, 2010
Thanks guya for a 1st real try at ebay Ireally lucked out I like the e-BAD idea cortez sounds like a winner

python

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 8, 2009
Maryland
pipesmagazine.com
Nice snag Frank!
That is a great price! It is like paying less than $2.00 per pipe and getting a free stand or you could look at it like getting a stand for $15.00 and 8 free pipes. Way to go!

Status
Not open for further replies.