Not open for further replies.

admin

Smoking a Pipe Right Now
Staff member
Nov 16, 2008
St. Petersburg, FL
pipesmagazine.com
This was sent over by Steve Morrisette -
The First Annual Music City Pipe Show & Sale will take place on September 13th and 14th, 2013 in Nashville, TN.
The event will be co-hosted by Uptown's Smoke Shop and Big Star Cigar Lounge. Details are still in the works, but this promises to be an epic pipe meetup and event.
Here are a few things to know (more to come):
The event is FREE
Day 1, September 13th will be held at Big Star Cigar Lounge in Mt. Juliet, TN Day 2, September 14th will be held at Uptown's Smoke Shop in Nashville, TN Go to the Facebook Event page to let us know that you plan to attend Check out Joe Case's video announcement
Southern Fried Pipe Club is already stocking up the Swag Mobile with tons of great raffle prizes, including:
SFPC Swag

Vintage and "Most Wanted" tobacco - Penzance, Stonehaven, Devil's Holiday, 3 years of Christmas Cheer, and more Custom Pipe Art by Nicky Botelho (aka Nicky the Terrible) At least TWO Artisan pipes Drew Estate Prize Pack (DE "Che" Hat and one of each: Feral Flying Pig, Dirty Rat, UF-13... and more) Local Nashville items AND... a SFPC Club Pipe (Special Raffle.. details coming soon) We are also planning to hold a special raffle (or auction) for handmade, artisan pipes by Grant Batson, Steve Morrisette, and Joe Case. Proceeds from this special raffle will be donated to a local charity. More details will be announced later.

nashvilleric

Lurker
Jan 3, 2013
Hermitage, TN
There is a lot of buzz about this event. The Nashville area is a fantastic city for a pipe show. I'll be attending and participating at the Joe Case Pipes / Briarville table. Here is the FB event page: https://www.facebook.com/events/293010047501895/310301512439415/?notif_t=like
Hope to see you there!!!

ebklodt

Might Stick Around
Nov 9, 2012
Who else is going? I'm in!
Bringing some of my pipes to show and get feedback on.
Look forward to meeting a few of you guys and gals there.

kcghost

Lifer
May 6, 2011
Olathe, Kansas
The summer and fall are really getting crowded with pipe events:
June - KC

August - Columbus (NASPC)

September - Nashville

October - Richmond (CORPS)

November - Las Vegas
Looks like a lot of people have already announced they are going. Should be a great time. Another great showcase for American carvers.

philobeddoe

Lifer
Oct 31, 2011
East Indiana
I hope it's a great show, but IMHO it is too close both chronologically and geographically to Columbus and Richmond. I for one, and I assume there may be many others, would like to have attended this show, as it is only 4 hours from my home, but not at the expense of the Columbus show. I'm sure there are many others who feel this way but are not willing to forgo the Richmond show on the other side of the mountains. I'm not trying to be a wet blanket, I'm simply disappointed that the powers that be didn't schedule this show further apart from the other shows in the area, as it takes a couple months to save up enough cash to really enjoy these shows. As a side note, I've spoke to several pipe makers who mentioned that it was hard to produce enough pipes to attend all three shows with a decent spread.

Apr 26, 2012
Washington State
@philobeddoe - This event was inspired by all the independent pipe makers on YouTube, and was put together by Joe Case (independent pipe maker), the President of the Southern Fried Pipe Club and the owners of Big Star Cigar and Uptowns. Its a show for independent pipe makers and was never intended to draw attention away from Richmond or Columbus.
Besides that, how much cash do you need to enjoy the show? I could attend and not buy anything and be perfectly content. Just hanging out with fellow pipe smokers and pipe makers and discussing the hobby would be perfectly fine by me. Of course purchasing a nice pipe would be great but it wouldn't make or break the weekend for me.

pipebbq

Lurker
Jul 30, 2013
I'm flying out (from Maryland) to pick up my son in Wyoming. He's a recent graduate from Univ of MD and just completed a three-month internship working as a cowboy on a large cattle ranch in WY. (Too cool, huh? Yeah.. I'm jealous).
We'll be doing a father-son cross country road trip, driving back from WY to MD. Trip will include: three nights tent camping in Yellowstone, a tour of the ranch he worked on, fun/gambling/frolicking in Deadwood, SD...then, headed south to sample barbeque (one of my other passions) in both Kansas City and St. Louis (either Bogarts Smokehouse or Pappy's Smokehouse). After that, I'm debating whether to swing further south to Nashville to attend the pipe show. I'd love to do it. I just need to make sure I'm back at work the following Monday morning. It'd be great to have the opportunity to meet many of the folks I've seen on both the forums and YouTube.

zack24

Lifer
May 11, 2013
I used to live there...unfortunately, will be attending a wedding in Oxford and flying out to Italy on Sunday...Would love to see some of the Nashville carvers-

Status
Not open for further replies.