PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

jonn

Lurker
Sep 13, 2013
Hey guys! I posted in the new pipe smokers forum regarding tongue bite and how it affected my taste to 1Q. So far my tongue has healed nicely and still the 1Q is not sweet like it was weeks ago. I know theres a process called "drying" which is supposed to make the tobacco better, but it tastes like I'm sucking on burning paper now..There is no sweet taste or anything at all to it (LOL). I was just curious if anyone else noticed this with 1Q?
Thanks!

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I haven't noticed. 1Q (and it is sold under many different names listed on Forums posts) is among the

mildest tobacco blends that still has some flavor. I haven't noticed any change over the years. I also

like, prefer really, another similar Lanes blend, LL-7, which seems a bit livelier to me, while still being

a characteristically mild smoke.

zonomo

Lifer
Nov 24, 2012
I smoke 1Q quite a bit but I dont think its changed. One thing to think about is ghosting from other pipes. I have had that happening when I first started smoking but not knowing what was going on. As an FYI, i started keeping track of what tobacco i smoke in what pipe. So far, so good. :)

kcpoe

Might Stick Around
Oct 9, 2013
I've been smoking a lot of McCllelands Walnut Liqueur right now, but also a lot of 1Q. Have you (or someone around you) experienced the room note of LL-7 and found it as good as 1Q?

petes03

Lifer
Jun 23, 2013
The Hills of Tennessee
1Q is one of my top three aromatics! I find it to be very consistent. That being said, taste buds change from time to time, but my guess is that it's in your smoking/packing/drying technique. I actually prefer my 1Q a little on the moist side, not goopy wet, but moist. Watch your packing technique, and be sure to slow your smoking cadence and you should notice a difference.

Status
Not open for further replies.