PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

grouchy

Can't Leave
Jun 26, 2011
does 1q have a strong taste? trying to get a point of reference here. sometimes the taste buds seem to go on strike. a relatively strong latakia blend seems to cut through when the others just dont taste the way i know they do.
point of reference to me in likeness of the flavors of foods, soft drinks, teas, fruits and veggies.

meats seafood gum candy and so on. havent had alcohol in so long that would be a tough one.

pstlpkr

Lifer
Dec 14, 2009
Birmingham, AL
Not to my taste Grouchy.

It's basic flavors are a very light vanilla, and possibly a honey flavor.

I love 1Q because it allows me to basically reset my taste buds in anticipation of those "special blends".

unclearthur

Lifer
Mar 9, 2010
Now, how did I know that Lawrence would post the first reply to this thread ? Like he said though, it's nice and light and relaxing.

grouchy

Can't Leave
Jun 26, 2011
thats exactly what i was hoping for :wink:

so then rather light flavor it sounds like. not pronounced flaver like latakia.

ok, will order 4 oz to try. sending another order in to smoking pipes and now have a better focus on what am going to get.

thanks gents :)

dawk

Might Stick Around
Aug 25, 2010
Love to smoke 1Q-light and tasty and the old lady likes the odor!

jankomatic

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 12, 2010
Tampa, FL
It is the name of a pipe tobacco, like Butternut Burley or Best of Show or Blue Mountain are names of pipe tobacco.

shimrra

Might Stick Around
Jun 21, 2011
where is a good place to buy 1q online for cheap? i was told you can find it for as low as like $22/lb or is that a B&M level price only?

shimrra

Might Stick Around
Jun 21, 2011
what's a good price then? i'm looking to make my first online/first bulk order. time to get off prince albert!

ace57

Lifer
Jun 21, 2011
I think I'm going to try some 1Q,hope I like it if not I just know that Lawrence will take it off My hands. :rofl:

tslex

Lifer
Jun 23, 2011
Oh hilarious. I thought sure it had to be an abbreviation -- like FMOTT or something. Maybe for a tobacco names First Quarter or Prime Quaker or something.

grouchy

Can't Leave
Jun 26, 2011
www.smokingpipes.com :wink:
think a pound is about $27-29

drug store bulk tobacco down here runs around $22 or so. and thats for 12oz.

Status
Not open for further replies.