Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

romeowood

Lifer
Jan 1, 2011
The Interwebs
This show is fast approaching, and Kevin just posted the info on the Pipe Events (look up! :roll: ). I'm in the area for this (postponing a SE Asia trip) and definitely planning on going. It would be great to say hello and toast a bowl in person with any of youse on the forums; chime in if you're able to attend!

romeowood

Lifer
Jan 1, 2011
The Interwebs
I suppose I could add here that it's on Saturday, 12 March, at the Newark airport Wyndham. Detailed info in the Pipe Events tab at the top of the page.

scrantonpipes16

Might Stick Around
Nov 28, 2010
There is a good chance that I will be in the area for that show, I am originally from new jersey, so I just might have to stop by.

nyed001

Might Stick Around
Feb 1, 2011
Depending on the wifes schedule and who we can bribe to take the kids to work and sports.

mjtannen

Can't Leave
Jan 3, 2011
Have any of you men ever been to the NY Pipe Show? Is it worth the trip? I'm really pissed off bigtime that the NY Pipe Show is in New Jersey! To quote Jon Stewart "The only light at the end of the tunnel is New Jersey". I much prefer my light at the end of the tunnel to be at the rim of my pipe.

docgarr

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 25, 2010
I know that two members of my club are going and I will probably go too. If you've not been to a pipe show you should go mjtannen. I know I took two newbies to it last year and they really liked it. But it's no Chicago pipe show. And it was better when smoking was permitted.

romeowood

Lifer
Jan 1, 2011
The Interwebs
Glad to see more of you guys piping up, so to speak.

I'm really pissed off bigtime that the NY Pipe Show is in New Jersey!

Considering the anti-smoking Gestapo in NYC, I don't blame them. Jersey has traditionally been where NY sends its toxic sludge :mrgreen:

mjtannen

Can't Leave
Jan 3, 2011
Hey Romeowood....Are you calling my pipe smoke toxic sludge? Now I'm realllllly pissed offffff. LOL
There is more to NY than NYC. How about Long Island? Lot's of parking and we have a Wyndham also. You guys can drive in, fly in, take the ferry in from Connecticut, or experience our Long Island Railroad from anywhere on the Eastern Seaboard via Penn Station.

The New York Pipe Show belongs in New York! Common NY pipe men...speak your minds! Anyone want to start a Long Island Pipe Club and Show?

jcsnaps

Lifer
Oct 18, 2010
I went to the show they had in the fall. Was not overly impressed as I expected more. A small conference type room at the hotel, maybe a couple dozen dealers. I did buy a couple of pipes and talk with blender Russ O. from H&H. If schedule permits I'll probably go again, but will be returning from Charlotte that weekend. At least while in Charlotte I'll vist McCranie's.

salvy2

Lurker
Sep 1, 2010
I have been to quite a few of the NY/NJ shows and i must admit i was a little disappointed in December. However i do believe the March show will be better because I hear that Smokingpipes.com will be there. Hopefully this will bring some of the other well known vendors. I am looking forward to this show and hope to see a large turnout.

scrantonpipes16

Might Stick Around
Nov 28, 2010
Im starting to get excited about this show, and being from NJ, I am upset that they refer to it as the New York Pipe show, when it should be called the New Jersey Pipe show, just like the NY Giants play in Jersey. Does not make any sense to me!

admin

Smoking a Pipe Right Now
Staff member
Nov 16, 2008
St. Petersburg, FL
pipesmagazine.com
I'm originally from Jersey - exit 9 on the Turnpike or exit 129 on the Parkway.
Anyway, not every pipe show can be the Chicago Pipe Show.
I think Rich Esserman and the other guys involved deserve some credit.
Even a smaller show like this takes A LOT of work, effort, time, and money to accomplish.
I'm sure they could be spending that time, effort and money on other things that solely serve them, but instead, they are making an effort to serve the pipe smokers and collectors in their area, so I think you guys should lighten up on all the criticism and if you are within 30 miles of it get your pipe smoking butt over there and support the show.

papipeguy

Lifer
Jul 31, 2010
Bethlehem, Pa.
I grew up in Clifton,NJ and then lived in the Colonia section of Woodbridge before moving to Bethlehem,Pa. I've never been to the pipe show but it is a straight shot for me across Rte 78 so put me down as a maybe.

scrantonpipes16

Might Stick Around
Nov 28, 2010
So, Major Dilemma for me, The Scranton Annual Parade Day is on the 12th, so I am debating on going to the show or going to the parade? What should I do? Do I drink all day or smoke?

Status
Not open for further replies.