PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

dottle

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 1, 2012
Just a quick question,,,went to get some RYO supplys today and there was a rack of DG pipes,19.99 each.

I couldnt resist the price so got a Grand Duke. My ? is,,all the pics I see of this model on the web have a small metal band but mine has a wide band. Could this be a newer-older version? Also the bowl on mine looks a lot bigger than the ones I have looked at on the net? Any input? Thanks.....

ejames

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
Dottle,like the other lines made by Grabow,the Grand Dukes were available in a wide variety of shapes and sizes, the older pipes especially. Newer pipes are made in only a few shapes. There was three different widths of "bands" used on the Grabow. One is more like a washer,another about 1/4" wide and one about 1/2" wide. The only pipes made today with a band (IIRC) is the "Freedom 1812"- a limited production pipe available only from the factory, and that has a brass band.

dottle

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 1, 2012
Thanks ejames...mine has the half inch band in a silver color,,,and Im busting her in with some PS LNF. Not a bad pipe,, it smokes pretty good for a cheapo.

Status
Not open for further replies.