Pipes Magazine » Pipe Talk

Tags:  No tags yet. 

1998 RTDA Dunhill

(7 posts)
  1. drwatson

drwatson

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Just pick up a new Dunhill pipe at my local pipe shop. The owner made me what I think was a good deal on it. Its a 1998 Dunhill root briar canadian, with a silver band that says 1998 Nashville. He said that he has had this sitting in his shop since he purchased the place from the previous owner. I didnt give it much thought while I was in the store looking at it...(may have been the free pound of tobacco he was offering)...But when i got home I became curious as to what the RTDA Nashville pipe show is? Why Dunhill makes them for the shows? Are they rare? And should I even smoke this, or just put in a case and stare at it? Any info anyone has would be great. I did do the standard net search, but found veerryy little!

John
    Posted 1 year ago #
  2. samcoffeeman

samcoffeeman

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

This Dunhill RTDA is on sale for $4995 at cup o joes. You may have gotten quite a score there. I can't find what RTDA stands for, it is now the "International Premium Cigar & Pipe Retailers" or ICPCR, but still has their website at http://www.rtda.org. This is just a guess, but it could have originally been a British founded association, the R standing for Royal, which is very popular among british society names. Could have been the Royal Tobacco Distributors Association perhaps? Then one could understand why Dunhill would have a stake in this. They probably changed their name to increase their marketing scope and go global.

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal,
    that they are endowed by their creator with certain unalienable Rights,
    that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness
    Posted 1 year ago #
  3. uberam3rica

Uberam3rica

Mod

Login to Send PM

Pictures! Post pictures! That being said I'm rather jealous. Canadians are one of my favorite shapes

As long as I got a pipe full of baccy and a nose full of snuff, I'm a happy camper
    Cigarettes are an addiction, cigars are a hobby, pipes are a religion
    Posted 1 year ago #
  4. drwatson

drwatson

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

WOW! I didnt pay 5 grand for it, only a couple bens, but it didnt come with a wood state shape or silver cap either!

Posted 1 year ago #
  5. papipeguy

papipeguy

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

RDTA is for Retail Tobacco Dealers Association. Sounds like the deal of the year. Good luck with it.

Blowin' smoke since 1970.
    Posted 1 year ago #
  6. flintlockjohn

flintlockjohn

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Come, Watson, the game's afoot. We must have pictures, man.

Posted 1 year ago #
  7. gwtwdbss

Chris

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Bumping for pics! We love pics!

Posted 1 year ago #

You must log in to post.

Back To Top  | Back to Forum Home Page

Members Online Now
   agnosticpipe, jiminks, skapunk1, haja, oldredbeard, wfin73, tslex, cobguy, derfargin, johnnie, mikestanley, ravkesef, natenice1, sablebrush52, msandoval858, yaddy306, bentmike, gunslinger, jessicac, anthonyrosenthal74, mainman341, puffin, rsuninv, phil67