PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

frennchy11

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 28, 2011
So I have wanted to buy a Pete for a while now and after finally deciding on one that I want, I can't find one for sale anywhere! Im looking for a 1998 St. Patricks day pipe. I really like the fact that they have the irish flag band on them. My question for all of you is, do you guys have any leads on where I can find one? I have tried Ebay but with very little luck.

Here is a picture of what is looks like for those of you who dont know.

33113.jpg

photoman13

Lifer
Mar 30, 2012
That's georgeous. Good choice. I tend to look at pipes I can't afford quite often. I will keep an eye out as well.

gwtwdbss

Lifer
Jun 13, 2012
That's a nice looking Pete for sure frennchy11. I'd like to eventually get a 1970 Dunhill since it's my birth year. Care to share why you are looking for a 1998 edition?

frennchy11

Dec 28, 2011
Well I have always wanted a pete and I saw the band on this and thought it was really cool and unique! Also, my dads side of the family is irish so I thought it would be a good fit

gwtwdbss

Lifer
Jun 13, 2012
Oh ok. I thought the year had some significance personally. Now I'm guessing 1998 was the only year they made a band like that then. Best of luck in your search.

frennchy11

Dec 28, 2011
Just wanted to bump this in case anyone has a lead! I could really use a new pipe :puffy:

volsmcfalls

Lurker
Feb 14, 2011
frennchy - A tip for you on your searches...you can save an eBay search that will then email you when items become available. For example, searching for "1998 Peterson Pipe" returns 0 results right now. But, you can click the Save Search link and you will see a popup that asks you to name the search and then opt for emails when items become available. I have used this several times myself. I would recommend you to save several variations of the search as someone might only list it as "Peterson Pipe" or "Peterson St. Patrick's Day" etc. You might get a lot of hits with some of them (like a "Peterson Pipe" search) and others will return nothing. But, if you REALLY want one, that's a good way to go about finding it. And, if you have a phone that you can get email on (like an Android device) you can get the emails directly to your phone.
Good luck my friend!

rigmedic1

Lifer
May 29, 2011
I did a search the other day on St. Patricks Day pipes, and discovered that the ones with the flag bands are really hard to find and very collectible. More recent years are easier to get, and some of the sponsors on this forum may have 2010 and 2011 St. Patrick's day pipes still available. I recently purchased an estate 2009 through Smokingpipes.com. Good luck on your search!

tab812

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 27, 2011
Floyds Knobs, IN
Did u try looking at the IPPC website, maybe someone will know a source for that pipe....
here is the link
  • http://btheinternationalpetersonpipeclub.runboard.com/

assaad

Can't Leave
Apr 4, 2011
If the year has no significance to you email Peterson and ask if it would be possible to get the custom band

Status
Not open for further replies.