PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

natibo

Part of the Furniture Now
Nov 10, 2013
Cincinnati, OH USA
I saw this for $333 on Ebay "buy it now". It was listed by bruyerepipes, who comes highly recommended. On a whim I saw the make an offer button and offered him $300. He took it!
wrEqizf4dGZyCnUIJU7PT9MTjNZETYmyPJy0liipFm0
[/url]From Pipes[/img]

I guess the lesson here is to barter, it works.

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
It never hurts to make an offer, even when the auction doesn't have a "make an offer" option. Enjoy, '79 is the year I graduated from High School.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Mighty nice! I don't even want to know what the current version costs new. I shudder to think.

Look at that grain and nice bright stain. You can't beat a billiard.

shaintiques

Lifer
Jul 13, 2011
Georgia
True what SSJones said, I've made offers on pipes on ebay that didn't have the make offer button. I normally just ask them to add that to their listing if they are interested to keep it through ebay and within the rules. I've gotten a few pipes that way. You never know. Then there is the one pipe that I have made a few offers on, it is listed as less than $100 bucks but needs a lot of work, the stem is oxidized to a nice bright green. But some sellers will leave the pipe up for years with no sale just to get their asking price. Great score on your Dunhill, I've been looking for one, but most Dunhills are just too plain for me, I like yours, congrats!

bentmike

Lifer
Jan 25, 2012
Nice panel -Congrats. I have a birth year 1970 ODA panel that was given to me as a gift. I love it as I'm sure you will yours.

Status
Not open for further replies.