PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

xrundog

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 23, 2014
Ames, IA
I just got this pipe in yesterday from an ebay auction. It's a Parker Super Briar Bark 108/F. It's one of the dated pipes with an underlined 7 designating it as a 1957 vintage. It's a very light pipe. The blast is very deep and craggy. It has a good quality ebonite fishtail stem. It measures in at 6.25" long. It is an excellent smoking pipe and my new favorite.
Parker%20SBB%20Canadian%201957_zpsjy06wbka.jpg

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
That's a handsome variation on the Canadian, especially distinctive because of the slightly canted bowl. I think Parker makes a good pipe even today.

xrundog

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 23, 2014
Ames, IA
Had some Irish Flake and some 3Ps in it. Really good. Seems like I can smoke anything at all in it and it will taste great.

huntertrw

Lifer
Jul 23, 2014
The Lower Forty of Hill Country
xrundog:
Congratulations on your acquisition! I love the Shell-style finish, the color, and the slight forward cant to the bowl. My guess is that the long shank yields a cool smoke.
May this pipe be a treasured companion through the years.

beefeater33

Lifer
Apr 14, 2014
Central Ohio
Great looking pipe! Is the Fishtail like a Dunhill? I love those bits. In fact, I won't buy an estate Dunhill without the F/T anymore....... spoiled on them I guess.. :roll:

Here's to many great smokes in that one!!

jkrug

Lifer
Jan 23, 2015
I am a big fan of the Canadian shape and that pipe right there is an absolute beauty! ! Enjoy. :puffy:

Status
Not open for further replies.