PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

ashdigger

Lifer
Jul 30, 2016
Vegas Baby!!!
Hello Gang. If you've always wanted a Dunhill Shell from 1956 but couldn't find one then this is for you. There are three catches: 1) It has a dark spot at the heel. 2) You have to pay shipping. 3) You're getting it for free, so if it gives you 1/3 of a good smoke don't PM me to bitch about it.....it's FREE. Disclaimer: This pipe will probably smoke great and outlive you. The dark spot is in the heel not a side wall.

scloyd

Lifer
May 23, 2018
If it was 1959, my birth year, hell yes! Oh well, nice offer Ashdigger.

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
Great offer! Interesting pipe in that the dark spot looks like it might have been caused by external heat or flame. Or does it emanate from the chamber?
Know anyone who knows anything about fire??

crashthegrey

Lifer
Dec 18, 2015
Cobleskill, NY
www.greywoodie.com
jpmcwjr, from experience that is precisely what the beginning of a burnout looks like more often than not. I have had a couple of pipes with unseen flaws start to do this, usually cheap pipes which I acquired from baskets at shows. It does look like heat from without, but is likely a flaw in the bowl. I've been wrong before, though.

azpipe

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 25, 2015
Very nice of you Ash. I'm the guy you sent the Comoy's Grand Slam 87 to (for free I might add). Its a great smoker. I've given a few pipes as well as some hard to find tobaccos out as a result of your generosity.
The ripple effect plays on.

enrikon

Lurker
Dec 26, 2018
How much is shipping, 200 $? :mrgreen:
Returning serious, for me that burn would not be a problem because I never smoke up to the bottom of the bowl.

Mar 30, 2014
wv
You had me at free Dunhill. But paying for shipping...
Seriously though. Damn, Ash. What a guy! May the pipe gods smile upon you.

Status
Not open for further replies.