Drucquers Banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

cajundad

Can't Leave
Nov 1, 2012
Louisiana
7EC45C58.jpg

Enjoying some FM OTT , in this old beauty ! This is a 1954 shell briar ,I also have a 1969 Tanshell , and a 1962 shell briar , to add to my collection . this is the first time I smoke it since I got it a month ago . I only smoked the 62 once , and the 69 I will not smoke because it may go to a buddy . This one smokes well its a group 3 , and 6in. long .

cajundad

Can't Leave
Nov 1, 2012
Louisiana
j013a_zps75112a18.jpg

here is the 1969 tanshell . One of my friends had his eyes on this one , and it was in jepordy of being bought by someone else , so I called Mr. Mike from briarblues , and he sent it to me ! Mr. Mike is really a fantastic guy by the way .

cajundad

Can't Leave
Nov 1, 2012
Louisiana
Thanks guys . I love all 3 . I am about to snipe another one lol . Though they haven't always been a favorite the 50's and sixties Dunhills are winning me over . I have a kaywoodie chinrester headed to Walker briar for stem repair and a kaywoodie churchwarden going for a little make over . Due to the fact I've only seen a couple of these before I once regarded them as favorites . But ...... The 54 Dunhill is starting to Rival both , and my 62 is in the mix as well . As for large pipes , my ser Jacopo is starting to rival my Preben Holms faabourg . My palate and smoking style keeps evolving , and so my acquisition disorders are getting pretty serious , as evidenced by my recent consideration of trading a custom built Bluescaster in my avitar to my Coworker Dr. George , for 4 of his favorite pipes . The guitar took me about 1 month to complete in 1999 . It is a very well built Louisiana blues electric guitar that is a cross between a Stevie Ray Vaughn sound / Hendrix sounding stratocaster guitar . The pipes I'm trading are , a 1963 Dunhill shell briar bent billiard , a 1966 Dunhill root briar , a blasted Paolo Becker strawberry wood , and a Dunhill Dr. Two star that looks like a Rhodisian , he claims to be worth over two grand . I have about 1,900.00usd in parts and about 1,500.00usd in labor on the guitar . The pipes are near mint , and very lightly used . I'm still on the fence about it for sentimental ties to that guitar I call black blues beauty . Do any of you think that this is a fair deal , without the sentiment in consideration ? If I were to build another guitar just like this one , the pricetag would be about 4,000.00usd . Any feedback would be greatly appreciated .

flmason

Lifer
Oct 8, 2012
Congratulations on your new pipe. I hope all goes well with the trade you are considering also.

cajundad

Can't Leave
Nov 1, 2012
Louisiana
@rothnh , yes I figured about 3grand on his pipes also . That considering , I think I may just get em , and build another guitar !! Thanks flmason , and cigmaster , for the compliments .

Status
Not open for further replies.