Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 14, 2012
I received a sample from Sable yesterday, and really have to say thanks. Bombay Court is my favorite tobacco. Very subtle and difficult to light, but it suits me. Am currently smoking 6 year old BC. The differences are, the 19 yr. is darker and even more subtle. And very mellow. I will be stocking more BC in the hope of being here to smoke it when it gets very old.

cobguy

Lifer
Oct 18, 2013
Sounds great!
Do you also like the Bombay Extra?
I have a tin from 2000 that I have not tried yet but imagine it will be fantastic!

papipeguy

Lifer
Jul 31, 2010
Bethlehem, Pa.
I'm not surprised that the 19 year-old BC is more subtle, foggy. The latakia loses it's edge over time. The darker color is probably the Virginias maturing. I would imagine that it is a very smooth smoke. Enjoy it.

cobguy

Lifer
Oct 18, 2013
Cob: The Extra has too much Latakia. It loses the subtlety.
Ahhh ... I like a lot of Latakia (a Lot O'Kia? :)) and the addition of Perique

so perhaps it will suit my palate.
Thanks!

mikestanley

Lifer
May 10, 2009
Akron area of Ohio
I agree that Bombay Court is a really fine blend. Far superior to Bombay Extra IMHO. The Extra is nice if you want taste your tobacco all day. My oldest tin of Bombay Court is from 2003. Going to have to think about popping a top on one soon.
Mike S.

huntertrw

Lifer
Jul 23, 2014
The Lower Forty of Hill Country
foggymountain:
Wasn't Bombay Court modeled after Dunhill's Durbar Mixture? If so, then how would you compare the two? Please let me know, as I've tried and like the latter, but have not tried the former.
Thank-you for your help in answering these questions.

Aug 14, 2012
Hunter: I never tried Durbar. I smoked Balkan Sobranie for many years. Tastewise it seems to me that if you start with Sobranie, replace much of the Latakia with Oriental, you have Bombay Court. More subtle. If smoked in a well broken in pipe it is a treat. If the pipe has a strong stain taste you won't taste the tobacco until many smokes into the future.

mikestanley

Lifer
May 10, 2009
Akron area of Ohio
I've smoked a fair amount of both. I prefer Bombay Court by miles. The cut of BC is much easier to load with gives a more even smoke in my experience. BC is more oriental forward, not so much latakia. I never tried the Duhill blended Durbar. Bombay Court is a must try if you enjoy this genre.
Mike S.

Aug 14, 2012
Thanks Sable. I meant to ask why you have that name, sablebrush. I have worked with sable brushes for years, as a painter, watercolorist, for brush & ink and photo retouching, before photoshop.

Status
Not open for further replies.