PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 30, 2014
wv
Any takers?
http://www.ebay.com/itm/W-O-Larsen-9-Unsmoked-Freehand-Tight-Straight-Grain-Birdseye-Briar-Pipe-/271945315564?hash=item3f513434ec

iamn8

Lifer
Sep 8, 2014
Moody, AL
I love the part at the bottom...
"At your service, I am Boo Heisey (The BooH),

worm whistler and creator of Willowby,

the wisest worm in the wallow."

beefeater33

Lifer
Apr 14, 2014
Central Ohio
From Google:
"Boo Heisey (AKA BooH), published author, humorist, illustrator, and photographer, maintains a secretive existence, never giving interviews nor attending book signings or author events. A prolific artist, her work has appeared in more than 200 publications. BooH is also the creator of Willowby, the wise-ass worm cartoon of The Worm Turns fame. He can be seen on Facebook under Willowby Worm. It is said Heisey lives in the mountains of Northern California and is working on her second book in the Tracy McCambridge series, Peppered by Reason.
As a civilian, she lived for several months in Saigon at the height of the war and was the only American female teenager to do so. It is not known what she was doing there.
When once asked what she'd like to have with her if stranded on a deserted island, she asked for a dictionary and a few blank books for when rescued she'd have learned the dictionary and written enough to later buy the island.
Her love of deserted islands came from living aboard a sailboat for three months while sailing the Great Barrier Reef from Brisbane to Cairns, back in the day when islands were uninhabited.
Heisey also owns and operates Storyboard Entertainment."

robwoodall

Can't Leave
Apr 29, 2015
If I was selling a ten thousand, nine hundred dollar pipe, I'd bump it up to an even eleven thousand and polish the oxidation off the stem.
I hate it when I buy a ten thousand dollar pipe, and then have to pay extra for the polishing!
Hey, one of you pipe restorers out there: What would you charge me to polish my ten thousand dollar pipes? I only have a few at that price point!

uncleblackie

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 20, 2014
In all seriousness, what do you gentlemen think this pipe is really worth?
I have no idea so that is why I am asking. I'm still relatively new to the pipe world and I've seen other pipes that look rather unremarkable (to me) sell for this much or more.

Snow Hill

Can't Leave
Apr 23, 2015
USA
Makes this Savinelli Pinta 315KS look like a bargain at $1,187.28!
Link, http://www.pipesandcigars.com/pipes/83594/savinelli-pinta-pipes/

jaygreen55

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 29, 2015
Wow

And I paid all of $113 for this very similar 1986 unsmoked Randy Wiley with even tighter straight grain. I did have to pay shipping though
I guess it's all in the name or perhaps it's a typo by the seller
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Randy-Wiley-Briar-Pipe-Unique-Bent-Dublin-86-9-w-Box-and-Sleeve-UNSMOKED-/371340031071?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2047675.l2557&nma=true&si=kb3r24VPlZWE5iqlgdRuksYJB5E%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
This is museum piece pricing. I wonder what the smokingpipes.com people would assess as the asking price. I have no knowledge of this league of pipes, but I would guess more in the $6K range, maybe less. It's a beautiful pipe stated to be in prime shape/unsmoked, with a stellar craftsman behind it. I'd go visit the pipe before I bought it if I was paying anywhere near the asking price, to see if it made my heart palpitate when I saw it in person.

phil67

Lifer
Dec 14, 2013
But if I'm paying 10,000 I expect my stem to be polished!!
If I'm paying $10,000 for a freaking pipe I damn well better have another, and a much more personal stem polished by a Victoria's Secret model.

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
I kinda like the typo theory. $1,090.00 sounds a lot more in the ball park. But I ain't no collector of new freehands. (And not much of one other wise, though slowly seeping into certain estate marques.)

Status
Not open for further replies.