PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

lukester

Might Stick Around
Jan 12, 2011
It is one year today I gave up cigarettes and started smoking a pipe. I have to say it has been an interesting, enjoyable, and educational road to go down. What started with a corn cob and cb white has evolved into 5 Savinellie's, 3 Peterson's and a hand full of other briar. Starting with a liking for aromatic's and a disliking of English blends, to evolving into A Lover of Virginia's and English blends(Just took a little time). I would like to thank Pipes Magazine for this Forum and all all of the individuals who have posted. I have learned many good things in the last year.
Happy pipes to you all!!!!

weezell

Lifer
Oct 12, 2011
Good for you! :clap: I'm tryin to quit the dam things.Do you not inhale?

pawpaw

Lifer
Jun 25, 2011
cleveland NC
Congratulations hope you have many more years of happy puffing

now I wish I would have wrote down what day I quit it was this year ,late spring early summer.

Weezell I still inhale but no where as much as the first couple of moths I was quitting cigs.

(hint a good Nic rich blend will help)

smokey422

Can't Leave
Nov 20, 2011
Congratulations! Your lungs will thank you for it. I never smoked cigarettes, going straight to the pipe at age 17, and I'm glad I did. Many of my classmates who smoked the coffin nails have severe health problems and a couple are no longer with us. Hope you celebrate with several of your favorite blends today.
Smokey

seakayak

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 21, 2010
May this be your first year in a lifetime of pipe smoking pleasure. Congratulations, and welcome to the brotherhood!

jlee

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 1, 2011
Denver
I don't know the exact day anymore but it was some time in December of 2001 that I quit. I guess that makes it 10 years now. Well done lukester - I wish you continued success!

harrumphicus

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 9, 2011
The Water
I hope to do the same thing over the coming months. How long did the transition last and what pipe toby did you smoke during it?

Status
Not open for further replies.