1 1/2 Month In, And PAD / TAD Out Of Hand.

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

jodaknight

Lurker
Sep 3, 2013
I think I have been around now for about a Month and a half. After some slow postal, everything that I have ordered has finally arrived. Looking at my desk I see I now have...
Pipes:

Bag of Corncob's

Mini mini corncob

Churchwarden

ChoChla

Short Rustic Brown

Short Rustic Black
Tobacco:

Hearth & Home: Egg Nog 1.5oz

Three Nuns Three Nuns 1.75oz

McClelland Craftsbury: Deep Hollow 50g

Peterson Connoisseur's Choice 50g

Solani X - Sweet Mystery 100g

Cornell & Diehl: Autumn Evening 2oz

McClelland: Special: Holiday Spirit 2013 50g

McClelland: Special: Christmas Cheer 2013 100g

McClelland Craftsbury: Deep Hollow 50g

Three Nuns Three Nuns 1.75oz

Solani X - Sweet Mystery 100g

David's Blend - Executive Blend 50g

Samuel Gawith - Christmas Blend 1oz

Gawith Hoggarth & Amp; Co Kendal Gold 1oz

Peter Stokkebye - Peaches & Creme 1oz

Sutliff (Altadis): Tobacco Galleria: Irish Creme 1oz

Borkum Riff Cherry Cavendish 1.5oz

Cornell & Diehl Dark Cherry Cavendish 1oz

Gawith Hoggarth & Co. Top Black Cherry 1oz

Planta: Anno MMXIII California Dream 1oz

Sutliff (Altadis): Z93 - Dark Decadence 1oz

McClelland: VBC - Vanilla Black Cavendish 2oz

Lane Limited - 1-Q 2oz
Tobacco Pouch Humidifier X3

Pipe Cover

2 Briar blocks and 2 mouthpieces for trying to make my own pipes.

Case of glass Tobacco Jars with rubber seals.
It's like Christmas getting packages in the mail. I was warned about PAD and TAD but when packages are slow arriving, you never really know.. until you get them all and look. Haha! Having a blast trying all these out though.

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
joda, this is just the beginning, now that you are fully in the throes of PAD and TAD, you will start looking at more and more pipes, lots of different blends as your tastes change, more accessories as we pipe smokers love to accessorize and your newest bestest friend will be your UPS driver. Every day you do not see him, you will sink into a deep dark depression and the only cure is to make sure he comes every day. Your life as you knew it is over, you have been assimilated, you are Borg.

pylorns

Lifer
Aug 20, 2013
Austin, Texas
www.thepipetool.com
Nice, awesome start. I actually never got into heavy pipe smoking and sampling like crazy until about 6 months ago, I mostly smoked cigars and occasionally my pipe. My wife keeps giving me the stink eye everything a new box comes in!

hammerhorror

Might Stick Around
Aug 28, 2013
Yikes - I've been piping for about 3 years, and am just now getting my 5th pipe (a Mr. Brog), and only have about 3 different tobaccos on hand. I salute you, sir! :)

plateauguy

Lifer
Mar 19, 2013
+1 Harris :rofl:
Now that we get a mail at a post office box, I really miss my UPS guy. He totally understood me sitting on the porch steps and running out to greet him like a friendly dog.
Joda, you've got some great tobaccos. But, now you understand that you'll never have enough.

jodaknight

Lurker
Sep 3, 2013
Agreed lol.
I am really liking this one blend. Not a fancy pack or Brand name, would love to find this in bulk. It is called [/quote]David's Blend ~ Executive Blend
. Fantastic smoke, great room note, low burning and no bite. I would smoke this all day. Yet I am not paying the price required per 50g here in Canada again.
Anyone know of this blend and perhaps a close alternative? So far Lane Limited 1-Q is kind of close.
I found this info online "David’s Blend pipe tobacco is a United States manufactured product and is available in variety of savors whereas out of US only a few of varieties are available. David’s brand basically produces executive blend fine pipe tobacco from the regional Oriental tobacco along with the blend of fine cut Virginia and lastly the golden Cavendish which is known for its full taste and mellow to medium strength." But sadly no direction to buy it in bulk.
Thanks all for any help !

joeval

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 5, 2013
Blimey, that's damn impressive! I salute you, sir...
I'm about at the month mark, and have two pipes and two tins of tobacco, plus a handful of samplers still hanging around.

skapunk1

Can't Leave
Feb 20, 2013
Impressive....where abouts are you fellow Canadian? I recall when I started going a bit crazy trying to find where my tastes were going, but nothing like that. I also found myself giving away a lot of aromatics after discovering the wonders of VaPers.

edgreen

Lifer
Aug 28, 2013
I, also, have gone really overboard since I re-started 6 months ago. What I found was that I could still eat feeding my TAD/PAD. That's a much better outcome than my GAS. Even the best artisan pipes sell for a lot less than a Ryan or Somoyogi guitar. The internet is the cause of it all, of course. Something about brick and mortar keeps things in check.

Status
Not open for further replies.