PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

iamn8

Lifer
Sep 8, 2014
Moody, AL
I'm certain there's already an existing thread which serves this purpose so I won't attempt to start one. Where is there a thread which members share their new pipes by month of year as thread title stipulates? Id be VERY curious to watch how acquisitions evolve, not only over the course of an individual's year, but community as a whole. I wonder if we'd see common trends which effect the community as a whole? The death of an important artisian would obvioysly creates a trend, but what else does so? we all obviously like forums and obviously we all have our own likes, dislikes, and idiosyncrasies, but wonder what common trends we'd find were we to log our acquisitions over the course of a common year. Obviously doing so might create its own quantum effects, altering any natural propensities which might've occured were it not for sharing.... anyways any thoughts? This obviously isn't a new idea, so can somebody point me in a direction?

pipebaum81

Part of the Furniture Now
Nov 23, 2014
Intriguing idea. I think that the world outside of the PipeMagazine (PM) forum would have a larger influence on the trends of what we are buying than any one specific stimulus here. Dispositions towards Dunhill, Castello, Peterson, Stanwell etc are more industry-lead than what may be factual or even advised.
With that said, since being exposed to new ideas and information through this forum I have adapted my purchasing. I have been exposed to different online retailers (mainly because Kevin and others are doing their jobs getting us quality sponsors) who may feature and showcase a specific collection on their website leading to a higher potential that my acquisition be nudged in a certain direction. I certainly bought my first Les Wood Ferndown because of this Forum.
If I am hearing you correctly you are asking “Are PM users more likely to buy a certain pipe because of their time here?” I would have to say yes.

igloo

Lifer
Jan 17, 2010
woodlands tx
There have been a few trends here in the past . The Old Dominion corn cobs , 50 dollar Stanwells ,Sebastien Beaud ,Tsuge and Rad Davis . Buying trends set here are more towards tobacco blends . We had the Gaslight ,Peter Heinrich ,Semois ,Old Dark Fired and Black House .By no means a complete list , but trends nontheless . To me the What Are You Smoking thread tells a better story of where ones lunch money should be spent .Long live the sheeple .

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
I've already bought 2 and am getting ready to commission my next Bruce Weaver. :crying: I don't have Pipe Aquisition Disorder, I have Pipe Aquisition Disease!

iamn8

Lifer
Sep 8, 2014
Moody, AL
Mine arrived today and I'm into the B's of pipes with the arrival of my Bang and Baldi. Sounds like a crime fighting team! I've heard mixed reviews on Baldi and I'm certainly no expert, but damn I really love this pipe! The contrast in finish and the rim and the flat side of the bowl offsetting the rest.... It's my prefect size. Love everything about it!!

dmcmtk

Lifer
Aug 23, 2013
Nate, I really like the Rad! Lovely shape and stem! In the first picture, both the pipes with the Silver trim are S Bangs, and the blast is the Baldi, yes?

iamn8

Lifer
Sep 8, 2014
Moody, AL
Thanks a lot!! There are very very few benefits to the life lived alone. One of them, for me anyways, is more disposable income to blow on pipes.
Dave, correct.

zitotczito

Lifer
Aug 12, 2014
None, I will resist the disease. I don't even want to think what would happen if I started getting pipes, considering I purchased over 80 lbs of baccy in 5 months. But I have seen a few I am interested in.

allan

Lifer
Dec 5, 2012
Bronx, NY
Nate
Every one pictured I would like to own. Congrats on those excellent acquisitions!
I believe I own enough of Rad's pipes at the current moment, but S Bang is on my list of must haves.
Being single does have some rewards.

iamn8

Lifer
Sep 8, 2014
Moody, AL
Thanks Allan!! I HIGHLYrecommend S Bang!! I had expected to leave them unsmoked, too expensive to smoke. In the end they were just too amazing to leave under glass. They are BY FAR my favorite to smoke. Get one! You will not regret it.

iamn8

Lifer
Sep 8, 2014
Moody, AL
Negotiated a very fair deal through BriarBlues on a new S Bang. It's the most stunning pipe I've seen and is certain to be the star of my collection thus far. Can't wait till it arrives!!! Btw, Mike at Briar Blues is amazing!!!! Also picked up lots tobacco from online and my local B&W, the Briary. Heavy sigh....

iamn8

Lifer
Sep 8, 2014
Moody, AL
Building on my New Years resolution to slow the f down on acquisitions, I just broke my $1000 rule on a stunning Rasmussen pipe. This marks the absolute end. No more cash to waste :(

iamn8

Lifer
Sep 8, 2014
Moody, AL
I'm updating this thread for the sake of posterity so I can look back at my order of pipe acquisitions so I aplogize in advance for having posting these photos multiple times. I was thrilled to meet a fellow forum member who happens to work for smokingpipes.com and who actually remembered having worked on this Kent Rasmussen pipe I just bought and provided a link to the page. It's pretty cool to be able to get some sorta provenance on an estate pipe and see where it's been! Thanks so much for that!!

Here's that link here

wyfbane

Lifer
Apr 26, 2013
Tennessee
It won't be your last. You will be on the couch eating Top Ramen but smoking 1999 Escudo out of a Jess Chonowitsch...
I have seen the future, your future, and it is good!

Status
Not open for further replies.