PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

indianafrank

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 15, 2014
It's so cold here in upstate NY the door handle broke off my car as I tried to open it.
I left my lighter in the car for about 5 hours. And after work, it would not fire up. I couldn't light my pipe on my drive home until I warmed it up in my pocket.

rcstan

Lifer
Mar 7, 2012
Sunset Beach NC
Time to turn things down a notch and do some relaxing indoor smoking if possible, or cut back.
Some days I'd rather have seasons than the bipolar weather here in coastal NC :crazy:

condorlover1

Lifer
Dec 22, 2013
New York
I just flew into NYC today and realized I should have stayed out somewhere warmer. I don't know if its me but the winters seem to be getting colder in the last decade or so and maybe its time for me to high tail it down to the Confederacy to avoid these unfortunate winters and seemingly random acts of violence that seem to have regrettably become again part of NYC life!

daimyo

Lifer
May 15, 2014
What is this shaving you speak of? Must be something those folks in the lower 48 do.
Welcome to my world! We finally got our first real Alaska weather, hovering around -22 to -30 the last few days.

boilermakerandy

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 27, 2014
Just got off the phone with my mom who lives in northern Indiana. She said it was 7 degrees this morning and is currently 11 with a wind chill of -25. Call me weird but I miss it.

buroak

Lifer
Jul 29, 2014
I thought it was bad last winter when it was so cold here that just shutting the door on my car caused several large cracks in the plastic molding. I am now glad simply to still have a working door handle.

toby67

Can't Leave
Sep 30, 2014
Australia
Currently in Australia it's summer and we are average lately 28 - 38 degrees C (82 - 100 degrees F) our winters only drop below 0 degrees C (32 degrees F) overnight, a cold winter is about 5 degrees C (41 degrees F). There are great things about America (like tobacco prices) and the weather is better here, pity we cannot combine the two.

boilermakerandy

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 27, 2014
There are great things about America (like tobacco prices) and the weather is better here, pity we cannot combine the two.
Hopefully, we are about to do just that to a small extent. :wink:

buroak

Lifer
Jul 29, 2014
I'm with you, Andy. I need at least a few days of bitter cold and blowing snow (not the kind of snow that may be involved in the tinfoil-and-pencil discussion above) in my winters.

daimyo

Lifer
May 15, 2014
Here we call it Arizona...and we have the best gun laws in the nation.

You're not fooling anyone, that's a damn desert. No one whose brain hasn't been scrambled by the heat relates a place that gets 125 with good weather! :wink: :lol: Lack of cold I will grant you but not good.

indianafrank

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 15, 2014
Andy, I'm nuts to. I like the cold. Can't handle heat and humidity. I work better, and have more energy when its cold.
Of course some of you think I'm nuts anyway, and this next statement will help you to realize how batty I am and should confirm your thinking. I don't like the sun either. Nope! Sun's ok if it's somewhere between -30 and 70 degrees. Otherwise, I don't like the heat.
I like it when it rains, and it's cloudy. A cloudy, overcast day excites me, the sunshine when hot, depresses me.
Yup, I'm nuts!!!!!

blueeyedogre

Lifer
Oct 17, 2013
-40C with the wind here today. Thank God the wife and I are headed to Jamaica at the end of the month.

johnnyreb

Lifer
Aug 21, 2014
The barometric pressure is supposed to set an all-time record high today in parts of the central midwest.

Jun 4, 2014
Its 14 with a wind chill factor of -2 here in the Pocono's. I guess I'm nuts too, I like the cold, no bugs, no pollen, no humidity.

Status
Not open for further replies.