PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

aquadoc

Lifer
Feb 15, 2017
New Hampshire, USA
I have never had fresh Billy Budd but the aged (3 years) version will knock your socks off with flavor and smooth, creamy smoke. I thought this would be a Latakia Bomb but it isn't. Sure, there is a nice dose of that meaty leaf but it plays well with the cigar leaf and others and it has the complex funk of Exotique. Tim's generosity is well noted on the board and he sent me a unreal "sample" of this in a quart jar. Thank you Tim, it has been my late night smoke now for days and is just the right elixir for a good night of sleep. Even if my wife insists that I take a shower after smoking this one. Today, Seersucker is on deck. I am doubting it can compete with Billy.

May 4, 2015
Billy Budd is a very full and robust smoke. I like it quite a bit! Not an all-day smoke, but I reach for it from time to time.
Re: the Wife. Yes. My wife's reaction was: "If you smoke that near me again, you're moving out."

mcitinner1

Lifer
Apr 5, 2014
Missouri
I love hearing the reactions from the wives of smokers of strong blends. Idea for a thread, yes?

I also love Billy Budd. :puffy:

May 4, 2015
I love hearing the reactions from the wives of smokers of strong blends.
This is the only one she's ever looked sideways at. Usually she's just happy I don't have a cigarette in my mouth.

aquadoc

Lifer
Feb 15, 2017
New Hampshire, USA
Yes, mine threatened me with celibacy if I came near the bed without a shower again. She is not overly fond of Latakia but usually does not say much. I guess the combination of cigar leaf and Latakia pushed the tolerance over the edge.

thefishguy

Can't Leave
Jan 17, 2017
I actually include whether or not the wife makes me shower afterwards in my tasting notes.

Status
Not open for further replies.