PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
My favorite cigar lighter is now ready to rock and roll with my pipes. I won this White House lighter at a political fundraiser auction and Zippo was kind enough to replace the chimney with the pipe version. I have a few other beater Zippos, but this one is my old friend. During the Bush years, he had a golf outing for local state governors. Than Gov. Ehrlich attended and was given this lighter in a swag bag. He donated it to our local Republican party (I'm hoping these details aren't too political per the rules, I think not). I'm sitting on my patio this evening after a rain storm listening to the birds and enjoying a nice bowl of Boswell Bear Blend brought to life by my favorite lighter.

w1nd0wl1cker

Might Stick Around
Apr 4, 2011
I have a Zippo too and I am wondering if you could give me some direction (link or phone number etc) on how to get Zippo to trade me out with a pipe friendly version.
Also, how long was the wait?

eaglerico

Lifer
Jan 8, 2011
Windowlicker
Just send zippos customer service an email and they will reply with everything you need to know.

sirbogglesworth

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 20, 2011
Awesome Zippo jones! Glad to see another converted Zippo...pipes: converting Zippo's one at a time for the past 70yrs :wink: :puffy:

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
Zippo turned it around in exactly one week. Just go to the "Repairs" section of the website for the address and instructions (no fluid, etc.) Zippo sent an email when they received my lighter and one to me when they completed the switch. I'm in Bethlehem PA this evening and enjoyed walking around this quaint town. The lighter worked like a champ on a windy afternoon and doesn't appear to punish the bowl top ring.
Linky:

http://www.zippo.com/FAQs/Repairs/How_to_send_your_Zippo_Windproof_lighter_for_repair.aspx?article=9124620d-3cda-4879-80b1-51125f34fb35&bhcp=1

collin

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 29, 2010
Oklahoma
Very nice!
I had an old worn out Zippo pipe lighter with a cruddy case that needed a new lease on life, so I found a really cool Zippo cigarette lighter on sale, (it had a Shamrock on it), so I bought it and swapped the guts out of it.
Zippo's a great company,....I think I bought my first one back in 1970! Wish I still had it.

w1nd0wl1cker

Might Stick Around
Apr 4, 2011
Thanks for the link ssjones. One week turn around is not bad at all.

Nice light btw. I love mine too!

Status
Not open for further replies.