PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

uncleblackie

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 20, 2014
I recently came across a pipe seller on eBay using the name Zappabud.
I have no personal experience with him, but I can't help but notice how he tags his name in his auction titles in the same fashion as Pipestud, he is selling pipes, his name basically rhymes with Pipestud, as well as starting his auctions at the same time as Pipestud.
It all comes off like he is a copycat and rubs me the wrong way.
I've never seen his name mentioned here before, so I apologize if this has been brought up before. (maybe I should have done a search first?)

uncleblackie

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 20, 2014
He has nearly 2000 positive feedback, so he must be doing something right.
He does have some nice looking pipes with good pictures.
In his profile picture he looks like Santa so that's a plus I suppose.

andrew

Lifer
Feb 13, 2013
http://www.thebriarpipe.com/home
I don't see the Pipestud connection, he has his own website and has been in business since 2003 it says, I'd say he sounds pretty legit. Steve Fallon aka Pipestud also started in 2003.

pipestud

Lifer
Dec 6, 2012
Robinson, TX.
The seller Zappabud is a very fine gentleman. His real name is Joel Shurtleff and he used to own a brick and mortar pipe shop in Colorado. He told me recently that he is now mostly dispersing of old stock inventory on his website and eBay, but is still in the business and still offers new pipes from various factory and artisan sellers. I've visited with him at past pipe shows and he truly is a fine gentleman. Maybe it was me that first started copying Joel. (-;

uncleblackie

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 20, 2014
Well all right then. False alarm. I hope I was at least able to bring the man a little more attention.
Thanks for everyone's input!

Status
Not open for further replies.