PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

fishnbanjo

Lifer
Feb 27, 2013
The Snapping Turtle arrived and I just had some vintage Stonehaven I keep around to break in certain pipes and this was one. Nice dry and delectable smoke, this is certainly the best of the 3 reverse Calabash pipes I own an imagine it will only get better as it breaks in, thanks for this fantastic pipe Zack!

pruss

Lifer
Feb 6, 2013
Mytown
Congrats on your new turtle Banjo. It is great to hear that it's a good smoker. I was more than a little jealous when I saw that you'd snapped it up. I don't yet have a reverse calabash so this will definitely be on my radar screen for future PAD.
Enjoy!
-- Pat

dervis

Lifer
Jan 30, 2012
Hazel Green AL
So jealous. Have to get me one of these soon. Little out of my range at the moment. Wouldn’t mind several pics man. About 10 a day might tide me over

fishnbanjo

Lifer
Feb 27, 2013
How about 1? ;)
11244495845_616ff12800_z.jpg

kashmir

Lifer
May 17, 2011
Northern New Jersey
The stem on that piece gives the traditional cumberland a run on its money.

And the organic lines remind me of a sea creature.

Kinda like Trever Talbert's homages to H.P. Lovecraft.

Beautiful piece. Congrats and Enjoy.

zack24

Lifer
May 11, 2013
Just stepped in from a long afternoon in the shop- it's great to see the feedback... Glad to hear it's smoking good for you Banjo!
Kashmir, that's some of the SEM Cumberland from Germany- they have some nice material...

tbradsim1

Lifer
Jan 14, 2012
Southwest Louisiana
I'm more drawn to the classic shapes, that being said it it such a flowing work of art that is functional, it's stunning, makes think of the creatures when we tripped the bag shrimping with my Father. Bravo Zach!

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
Zack, isn't that the pipe that got dropped in a pile of Dolce's excrement at the last party? It sure cleaned up nicely.
Congrats on your new pipe fish, glad to hear you enjoy how it smokes. Now that Zack is turning out some nice stems it may be time for him to make me a pipe. Since I am laid up Zack, why don't you bring all your tools over here so I can watch my pipe being made step by step. I can then smoke it and if I like it I will throw you a tin of tobacco for it. :nana:

zack24

Lifer
May 11, 2013
Harris, running out the door...but I will come up with a worthy retort after I get a few drinks in me...:)

Jan 8, 2013
Every time I see that pipe I just start drooling. I will have one similar some day. Enjoy the pipe Fish. Zack, once again, that pipe is a beauty.

zack24

Lifer
May 11, 2013
...and as promised...Harris- for you- a pipe from the finest Calabrian briar, rubbed well with aged dog poo...and a stem specially shaped to fit your sensitive gums. Pick any five pounds of your aged flaky tobacco, and we have a deal..And I'll even throw in one of Greta's amazing meals and we'll call it good.AND the best news! After weeks of working with my recalcitrant mortgage company- we finally got the approval on our new house which will feature the most amazing man-cave/ pipe shop known to man. A great start to my weekend!

pipeherman

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 13, 2013
Thats a pipe that gets the bodily juices flowing with envy! 8O
Smoke it well! :puffy:

Status
Not open for further replies.