PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

rafterman

Might Stick Around
Apr 19, 2011
I really enjoy Mac Baren's HH Highland Blend. The tobacco description is as follows:
"Fully matured Virginias, Ready Rubbed Burleys, Latakia and a touch of Fire-cured Cavendish is the recipe. We added one of the world's finest 30 year old Scotch whiskies, Glenfarclas. The natural flavors from the tobacco and the delightful taste of the Scotch marry perfectly, so when smoked you experience the mellow taste and subtle smoky note of the tobaccos combined with the overtone of a fine scotch."
Would anyone like to recommend another tobacco I might enjoy based on my preference for Highland Blend??
Thanks in advance.
-Travis

papipeguy

Lifer
Jul 31, 2010
Bethlehem, Pa.
The Rattray line is top quality and, no surprise to many, my favorite is Bagpiper's Dream. Va based comprised of 4 different cuts and topped off with cognac. Absolutely deightful.

rafterman

Might Stick Around
Apr 19, 2011
Thanks for the suggestions folks, they are much appreciated. I am very curious to try HOTW, but it always seems to be sold out. I will be keeping an eye open for it.
Would HH Highland blend be considered an "English" style tobacco?
-Travis

judcole

Lifer
Sep 14, 2011
Detroit
From your description, Rafterman, absolutely not. A true "English" blend doesn't have toppings. (Crossover Englishes are another story.) An English blend will have various orientals included, and certainly some latakia. I note that it does have some latakia - don't know how much. The only blend of MacBaren's that might be considered an English, AFAIK,is HH Vintage Syrian.

lordnoble

Lifer
Jul 13, 2010
papipeguy said: The Rattray line is top quality and, no surprise to many, my favorite is Bagpiper's Dream. Va based comprised of 4 different cuts and topped off with cognac. Absolutely deightful.
I wholeheartedly agree! Bagpiper's Dream is an excellent blend that is pleasing to the smoker and those around him/her.
-Jason
*edit* - Hey Look! 1100 posts!

ichbinmuede

Part of the Furniture Now
Feb 17, 2011
I'd definitely recommend some Davidoff Flake Medallions (another link here no review yet and I may venture to do one myself in time). I've never been much of a Va or VaPer fellow but I've been quite taken by this. Fantastic blend with such a great flavour and smooth smoke. I was initially skeptical about the cavendish core but the way it all plays together is superb.

Status
Not open for further replies.