PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

tslex

Lifer
Jun 23, 2011
I love to smoke my pipe when I'm writing or otherwise working on my keyboard, but I don't really have the best pipe for it.
I deal pipe would be lightweight, but still of reasonable size and FULLY bent, so that when clenched it hung very straight down along the jaw, so there's no leverage on the teeth. (I'm not typically a clencher.)
My two most bent pipes are a Peterson 03 and a similarly shaped meer. Both are good smokers, and alright for the purpose, but more bend would better suit.
What's your "writing" pipe?

grizzly86

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 5, 2012
I clench 90% of the time and this is the most comfortable.

0033-600x450.jpg

spartan

Lifer
Aug 14, 2011
Get a churchwarden and yo ucan just rest the bottom of the bowl on the desk you're writing at lol.
At the moment I don't have a fullbent pipe... It's on the list of things to do.

topd

Lifer
Mar 23, 2012
Emerson, Arkansas
I don't have any 'writing pipe' designated per say, but I smoke all day long. If I'm relaxing in my nest

(that's what June calls my chair and corner of the room it's in) I'll usually smoke a straight billiard,

a calabash or most recently a clay.

Doing anything else 'typing, mowing, any work outside, fishing... whatever', I choose a

bent pipe so it's down out of my line of sight.
"My Nest"

IMG_1751-1.jpg

tslex

Lifer
Jun 23, 2011
Hmmm.
I've never been a fan of the Oom Paul shape, but I can see how this might be the right place for it. Plus many (most?) are sitters, which is handy.
Peterson 05 and 338 might work as well.

topd

Lifer
Mar 23, 2012
Emerson, Arkansas
Man, I thought it would smoke real hot, but it was cool, literally! Was a nice change of pace. Don't

know if I'll smoke it often, but I've got one in my Cabinet now dang it!

Status
Not open for further replies.