PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
No prices please, but with recent discussions of over the top prices paid for pipes, show the ones that you paid the most for, and give reasons why you decided to do so. They don't have to be over the top, I remember in my twenties thinking that a pipe over $30 was ridiculous. Here's mine. Third commission in with Bruce, and had been admiring blowfish for sometime.
Bruce Weaver Fugu Blowfish
It takes a special block to make a proper fugu blowfish. It should be straight grain, with as little flaws as possible. The carving is done crossgrain and the shape asymmetrical. A portion of Bruce Weaver's work is donated to Bright Stone, and he's a great guy and friend.
687_9734blowfish32-600x263.jpg

687_9734blowfish12-600x318.jpg

687_9734blowfish102-600x389.jpg

687_9734blowfish82-600x343.jpg

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
That's easy. Mine is this unsmoked Barling companion set made in 1907. With my interest in pipe history, the history of the British pipe industry and Barling in particular I couldn't resist the exceptionally rare opportunity to own this set.
hzZwztQ.jpg

yRocEvK.jpg

rqGtzxt.jpg

5P0Utw2.jpg

sasquatch

Lifer
Jul 16, 2012
I think this G grade Oom Paul is my most expensive pipe, I think it was just a hair over 400 bucks.
Nice blast, nice shape, it was my second Castello, and full bents are a favorite of mine.
It's a great pipe, super light piece of briar and just a lovely smoker.
szVyWUK.jpg

and that's about top dollar for me, I think I'm pushing up against the "how nice can a pipe smoke" envelope here.

Jan 8, 2013
. A portion of Bruce Weaver's work is donated to Bright Stone
I did not know that. Way to go Bruce! :clap:
Here's mine. Basically, I had been wanting both a claw meer and a dragon meer for some time, never quite finding one that really spoke to me. And those that did speak to me were often out of the range I could afford at the time. And then this one popped up, both claw and dragon meer all in one. And it was for a price I couldn't turn down as I just happened to actually have that much on hand... which is extremely rare. I decided another one like it wasn't likely to come around when I could afford it, so I jumped on it. :mrgreen:
JRF7AGC.jpg
[/url][/img]
And I made a video of it too with the music, Mercy In Darkness and Mountains From Water by Two Steps From Hell (it's like movie score music). Enjoy :D
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gu_FsogWo6Q&index=1&list=PL9YviwW2ShM8KY1YbVbFmRmNgon-9yjBo

saltedplug

Lifer
Aug 20, 2013
The Castello is gorgeous and the Barling set a heart-stopper! Only some women are as beautiful!

Jan 8, 2013
Unsmoked, Sablebrush? 8O Daaaaaaaaaaaaaang!
Squatch that Castello is just dripping class.
The Castello is gorgeous and the Barling set a heart-stopper! Only some women are as beautiful!
Well, now that's just weird... :mrgreen:
You already know what I think of your Weavers, Duane. And that one in particular is well.... only some women are as beautiful... 8O

thomasw

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 5, 2016
Brad, that pipe of yours has a mirror-like finish; wow. My most expensive pipe is a sandblasted cutty/dublin shape that I have commissioned from Michael Parks --- it will look something like this:>
SB_DubCutty_1085_2.jpg

I won't get it until Christmas 2018... but somethings are worth saving/waiting for.

leatherman

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 23, 2017
This is my first and most expensive pipe. A Nording Great Dane freehand. I paid so much because the lady at the tobacconist shop is a great salesman!

img_20171227_195027-600x450.jpg

lasttango

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 29, 2012
Wilmington, De / Ithaca, NY
The most I ever paid for a pipe was $550. It was a Dunhill group 3 red bark. After it arrived, I was underwhelmed.It seemed small and cheap. I tried selling it but no takers for even $295. Eventually, someone on this site traded me an unsmoked Castello Rhodesian for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.