PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

futureman

Can't Leave
Jul 9, 2011
Ohio (Displaced Central Texan)
Many blends jockey for the status of "favorite." Some blends eventually fall out of favor or are usurped by new discoveries or smoking ventures (at least for me). I'm curious about the blends which have stayed in your rotation over time--that is, those you always seem to return to or have endured throughout the course of your journey as a pipe smoker.
For me, the blend that fits this description is John Patton's Storm Front. Mayyyyybe Carter Hall, but it's a distant second.
Yours?

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
The blend I have smoked the longest is Escudo. I began smoking it around 1998 or 99 and it is still in my rotation today. The three flakes that really got me hooked on flakes beginning in 2001 are Fribourg & Treyer Cut Virginia Plug,Orlik Dark Strong Kentucky and Asleys no 109.

alan73

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 26, 2017
Wisconsin
I'll second the McC 2015. It is the largest individual component of my cellar, I think I have near 10 lbs. Mostly because I love it, but also because it's available in bulk and therefore cheaper than my second favorite, Solani 660 Silver Flake

prairiedruid

Lifer
Jun 30, 2015
John Cotton's Smyrna and 3 Oaks Syrian; almost always have a tin of one or the other in my daily smoke choices.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
Black Frigate (nearly 20 years)

Yenidje Highlander

Watch City Slices

The Solent Mixture

Autumn Evening

Christmas Cheer

Old Dark Fired

M

mothernaturewilleatusallforbreakfast

McClellands Boston 1776

Capstan Blue

Wessex Campaign Dark Flake

F&T CVP

Dunhill Flake

james72

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 30, 2017
ODF, Escudo, and Nightcap. I've only been smoking seriously for close to four years, so "enduring" is a stretch. But these are the only three I still smoke with some regularity that I smoked 3 or 4 years ago. I do love me some Storm Front too, but I haven't gotten back to it in a few months.

Status
Not open for further replies.