PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

bron340

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 16, 2019
Minot, ND
Sadly my B&M closed almost three years ago from poor management and new anti-smoking regulations. No one has been able to find a suitable space to open a new shop.

Frozenoak

Can't Leave
Oct 9, 2019
Lake Elsinore, CA
Thanks. That would be interesting to learn.

I stopped in today and picked up some OJK, Haunted Bookshop, and Oak Alley. The gentleman told me the tax is about 25% but he didn't seem to sure of himself so I went to the google machine and found this article that says 65.08% of wholesale (which may account for his confusion) for the state of California. I'm not finding any county or city tax codes on line regarding tobacco but there may be something I'm not seeing.

Regards,
Dale

Reactions: UncleRasta

UncleRasta

Lifer
Sep 26, 2019
Monterey, CA
I stopped in today and picked up some OJK, Haunted Bookshop, and Oak Alley. The gentleman told me the tax is about 25% but he didn't seem to sure of himself so I went to the google machine and found this article that says 65.08% of wholesale (which may account for his confusion) for the state of California. I'm not finding any county or city tax codes on line regarding tobacco but there may be something I'm not seeing.

Regards,
Dale

Thank you Dale.

Status
Not open for further replies.