PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

texmexpipe

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 20, 2014
I'm very partial to Jim Beam. I know it's not overly fancy or high class, but it's always smooth, easy sipping, and makes a great old fashioned. And recently, as with all my pipe discoveries, I've found that it goes quite nice with my evening pipe. Which one is your favorite?

cobguy

Lifer
Oct 18, 2013
Four Roses

Bulleit

Buffalo Trace

Makers Mark
If you haven't tried the Four Roses Bourbon ... do yourself a favor and grab a bottle! :)

daimyo

Lifer
May 15, 2014
Bulliet on the cheap and Blanton's if I am flush. I also agree that Four Roses is a good value.

texmexpipe

Oct 20, 2014
I'll have to pick up some four roses soon then, thanks for the recommendation!

Mar 30, 2014
wv
Knob Creek. Not too expensive. Aged at least 9 years or more, and will kick your ass before you know it.
Caution:

May cause jackassy forum posts.... :)

johnnyreb

Lifer
Aug 21, 2014
Woodford Reserve or Old Forester Birthday Bourbon are my top two choices. I watch for Woodford Reserve to go on sale and stock up!

lucky695

Apr 2, 2013
I like Bullit and woodford reserve a lot. I just tried Jefferson' s Chef Collaboration and it's great. It is a bourbon rye mash up.

undecagon

Oct 7, 2011
Chicago, IL
Gotta give my 2 cents. All bourbon tastes the same. Like corn.
Yea, there is a varying degree of corness, but Beam vs. Roses? Jefferson? Woodford? All corn.
Thus, I drink scotch. Bourbon is for when I'm too poor to drink scotch! :rofl:

harlockfan

Might Stick Around
May 8, 2014
Four Roses Single Barrel Barrel Proof, Bookers, and Old Weller Antique. Those are my go to bourbons right now. There are so many good ones out right now but I typically like bourbons at 100 proof or higher. Scotch? The Glenmorangie Ealanta is the only scotch that I loved. I am just not a fan of finished whiskeys (sherry, port, etc.)

beefeater33

Lifer
Apr 14, 2014
Central Ohio
I like the Four Roses barrel proof, and Elijah Craig 12 YO. I've been delving into the Rye's lately too.

Here's an interesting "tree". Shows who the corporate owners of the distilleries are. Interesting that Heaven Hill is the only one left still making all their own decisions..........

http://www.gq.com/life/food/201311/bourbon-whiskey-family-tree

texmexpipe

Oct 20, 2014
beefeater, I love that chart. It is very interesting to see how much stuff is controlled by the big companies.

maxpeters

Can't Leave
Jan 4, 2010
Bushmills?

My favorite brands of bourbon are all Beam and Wild Turkey. Although with Beam selling out to a Japanese Co. I wonder if/how that will change the recipe in the future.

Knob Creek from Beam, and Wild Turkey Rare Breed. Wild Turkey Rye is also fantastic.

Status
Not open for further replies.