PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

lawdawg

Lifer
Aug 25, 2016
My go to combo right now is Capstan Blue with bourbon
+1
That's probably what I'm gonna smoke as soon as I get home from work, though it's only because I don't want to smoke up all of my Samuel Gawith Full Virginia Flake :puffpipe:

prndl

Lifer
Apr 30, 2014
Years ago, my favorite was lemoned, sweetened iced tea and Nightcap. It was the closest I ever got to nectar.
Nowadays, Capstan/coffee seems to start my day. Escudo and lemonade seem to finish it.

philobeddoe

Lifer
Oct 31, 2011
East Indiana
I like black coffee with Burley flakes, especially on Sunday mornings. I sometimes enjoy Laphroaig 10yr. or Lagavulin 16yr. with Balkan blends of an evening. However, most of the time I drink water with a pipe, I don’t like carbonated drinks with a pipe as they tend to burn my mouth.

lawdawg

Lifer
Aug 25, 2016
I would like to add that last week, when I started really looking forward to Fall, I smoked some Autumn Evening while sipping on a glass of Elijah Craig bourbon, and the maple sugar baccy went great with the sweet bourbon. I usually like contrasting / complementary flavors in my drink and my smoke, but this particular combination was a winning exception.

krizzose

Lifer
Feb 13, 2013
Michigan
While I usually just have some water with my smokes, bourbon is a always a great combo with any tobacco. Also, I’ve been finding that a nice Manhattan goes great with HH Burley Flake; the sweetness really sets off the earthy burley

burleyboy

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 30, 2019
Europe
I like my Virginias and Va/Pers with a pot of green tea. Usually I do not pair my smokes with wine, but I found out, that burley forwarded blends go pretty well with a heavier red winde.

panamacharlie

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 13, 2016
Carbonated beverages don't seem to sit well on my tongue when I smoke. My favorite is Irish coffee with heavy cream, either hot or cold.

bullet08

Lifer
Nov 26, 2018
RTP, NC. USA
been drinking rum for last 10 yrs or so. started drinking irish whiskey lately. before rum, it used to be single malt whisky. before that blended whiskey. but usually i don't smoke when i'm drinking hard stuff. mostly british ale when i used to smoke cigarette and drink. with pipes, it's usually soft drinks.

Status
Not open for further replies.