PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

napulitano215

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 27, 2012
Interested to see what Very very strong Aromatics you own that you can list and share.
I have Molto Dolce I think it's pretty strong as well as BCA , 1Q. That's all for now I'm still green.
What others are wow bombs

anchovyd

Might Stick Around
May 17, 2015
Finally a thread I can relate to. Two of the strongest aromatics are Molto Dolce and Very Cherry.
Molto Dolce especially about halfway through the bowl seems to turn into a warm caramel milkshake with vanilla ice cream. It just gets so thick and so creamy and so sweet it is almost too much at times. It is like eating cheese cake. I smoke a couple of bowls just about every fortnight. Smoking it daily might give me the diabetes. Also while the aroma is nice, the smoke is so thick that after a while the room note gets cloying and my wife ends up complaining whereas something lighter like 1Q gets nothing but compliments.
Lane's Very Cherry is also a super strong cherry. I also like a cherry blend every now and then but Very Cherry ain't it. It tastes like the syrupy chocolate covered cherries that you get at Christmastime but it is too strong and the flavor is too aggressive, attacking tongue and taste buds alike with a singleminded fervor that ultimately brings despair and despondence to the smoker. So while I am not a big fan of it, I must concede to its aromatic power. A much better cherry blend is TK-6 from Lane. Mr. Lane wasn't so heavy handed with the cherry juice filled Super Soaker and the blend is much more smokeable than Very Cherry. TK-6 is my go to cherry blend. But if you need to maximize your antioxidants, Very Cherry should fill the bill.
Cherry%20Pie.png

hakchuma

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 13, 2014
Autumn Evening had such a strong tin note that I decided not to even smoke it for a week after opening it. It nearly curled my belly. Even passed the tin around and many said it was too much. A week later I got the nerve to smoke it and it was a very pleasant smoke. But I'm just not the kind of fella that wants to walk around smelling like a Denny's patron at 1:45 AM.
I want a more mysterious aro bomb that is unfamiliar yet alluring. I think Hearth & Home Mohawk River, and Drew Estate Central Park have achieved this.
Bull Run has to be the easiest aromatic to smoke for a fair price.
Still looking for others.

napulitano215

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 27, 2012
Nice guys thanks for sharing :) I will try all mentioned. And look forward to reading more input

plugugly

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 9, 2015
Yes, thanks for the info. Aeros are nice but info on them is a bit lacking.
Plugugly

moses

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 12, 2013
Biddeford
I don't know if it qualifies as an aro bomb, but H&H Classic Burley Kake has become one of my favorite bystander-friendly smokes. Great mustache note, too. Highly recommended.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
Vauen's Auenland has a strong peachy, citrus, vanilla thing going on. Wonderful to sip on, but will bite the hell out of you if pushed.

buster

Lifer
Sep 1, 2011
If you enjoy 1Q try Lanes Hazlenut. It seems so me like 1Q but with a nutty topping. Sutlif Maple Street, Mac Baren Seven Seas Royal.

pruss

Lifer
Feb 6, 2013
Mytown
I really enjoyed Glynn Quelch's Christmas Blend last year. The 2014 blend has been discontinued but Glynn is working up the 2015 blend right now, and has once again built it on a base of Sliced Brown Twist. Highly recommended. I smoked this throughout the Christmas and New Year's period last year.
http://www.gqtobaccos.com/gq-blends-christmas-blend-2014/#.VhKEq-xVhBc
-- Pat

shutterbugg

Lifer
Nov 18, 2013
When I read "strong" I was thinking you meant full-bodied nic content, not strong as in smells like a subway car in rush hour with the A/C broken in 90 degree weather.

May 3, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
meant full-bodied nic content, not strong as in smells like a subway car in rush hour with the A/C broken in 90 degree weather.
Typically when people say a strong aromatic they're referring to it being heavily topped with a flavor that is predominant in the taste. Usually the tobacco is in the background. I've yet to encounter an aromatic that really packs a nicotine punch like Escudo or Bold Kentucky. Those I have to have eaten something otherwise I get the sweats. Every aromatic I've had I can have on an empty stomach no problem.

pruss

Lifer
Feb 6, 2013
Mytown
Usually the tobacco is in the background. I've yet to encounter an aromatic that really packs a nicotine punch like Escudo or Bold Kentucky
See the aforementioned Christmas Blend from GQ Tobacco. Looks like he just uploaded the 2015 blend for pre-order: http://www.gqtobaccos.com/pipe-tobaccos/gq-blends-christmas-blend-2015/#.VhKdEOxVhBc
It's not quite Bold Kentucky, but is certainly competitive from a nic perspective with VaPers.
-- Pat

napulitano215

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 27, 2012
I smoked Mac B's Vanilla Cream Flake one flake gave me a nic buzz big time which is strange I thought it was close to nic of 1 q or BCA strange

I've yet to encounter an aromatic that really packs a nicotine punch like Escudo or Bold Kentucky.

Royal Yacht or any of the aromatics by GH&co. Even their cherry will have you spewing gut chunks if you smoke it on an empty stomach. It's just those US and Danish candy maker tobacco companies who crank out those kiddie smokes with no nicotine content. Those English aromatics are a whole different ballgame.

Status
Not open for further replies.