Status
Not open for further replies.

Bengel

Lifer
Sep 20, 2019
On the way to school to pick up human brother. View attachment 3312

I posted already! But this is more pipe related. View attachment 3313
That is 8 legs and 2 heads, right on!
Our Dachshund came on board after loosing our two 16 year old German Wirehairs, envy you Brother. We could not handle the energy of two pups again.
Thanks! For posting your pals everyone.
Shane, we have the same bed for Odie, he sleeps upside down like elessars' pooch.

Reactions: jttnk

frankrem

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 1, 2019
Huntsville, Arkansas
I have tried to smoke my pipe with our cat near me - I just get the ugliest most judgmental look from Punkin and then he walks off. I get the feeling he is not a huge Plum Pudding fan. Idk Maybe I should look for a catnip flavored tobacco.. hrmmm

Reactions: saintpeter

jttnk

Lifer
Dec 22, 2017
Phoenix, AZ
That is 8 legs and 2 heads, right on!
Our Dachshund came on board after loosing our two 16 year old German Wirehairs, envy you Brother. We could not handle the energy of two pups again.
Thanks! For posting your pals everyone.
Shane, we have the same bed for Odie, he sleeps upside down like elessars' pooch.
I don’t know what we’re thinking. It’s like having toddlers all over again, but twins! 1 in college 1 in high school, we were done with this nonsense! Sorry for your loss Bengel, understand all to well. Theses guys came to us 2 months ago after our 14 year old springer passed.

Reactions: Bengel

lelik

Lifer
Aug 21, 2019
2bxzuig.jpg

Bengel

Lifer
Sep 20, 2019
I have tried to smoke my pipe with our cat near me - I just get the ugliest most judgmental look from Punkin and then he walks off. I get the feeling he is not a huge Plum Pudding fan. Idk Maybe I should look for a catnip flavored tobacco.. hrmmm
The fact that the Dachsund graced me when smoking was rare, probably what caused me to take the snap and post this tread.
I think, next to pipes, our pets bring us together in Community the best.

Bengel

Lifer
Sep 20, 2019
I don’t know what we’re thinking. It’s like having toddlers all over again, but twins! 1 in college 1 in high school, we were done with this nonsense! Sorry for your loss Bengel, understand all to well. Theses guys came to us 2 months ago after our 14 year old springer passed.
You are all lucky, enjoy them :)

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
One of our three felines disappeared for days, or appeared only furtively, on Labor Day weekend. Our vet was overbooked, so we availed ourselves of the nearby Vet School emergency area and they brought him back to life. Yep, very expensive. He's a great cat, a "Mackerel" tabby, kind of dreamy, our poet cat. I've gone crazy medicating him, but have managed mostly. No needles, just oppositional events to squirt the med in his mouth, and then better success spiking his food. He has nifty poodle cut where he was shaved for his i.v. Glad we could rescue him. Weird infection in liver, possibly from raw food. No more of that.

Reactions: lawdawg and Bengel

lawdawg

Lifer
Aug 25, 2016
I always thought of myself as more of a dog person, but here is my only pet: the one-eared tailless wonder. He showed up to my house last year as a severely injured stray, so I got him patched up at the vet and had change his bandages twice a day for a couple weeks, but now he's as good as new, minus one ear and minus about 3/4 of his tail.

He frequently follows me around the house, and my wife jokes that he is my "personal assistant." I've also trained him to walk on a leash because if I go to sit on the front porch or back patio without him where he can still see me from a window, he gets very distressed and whines and claws at the door or the window. He has accompanied me on many an outdoor smoke, but he doesn't really like it when I smoke inside. I think he somehow knows that I saved him because he is much more attached to me than most cats to their owners.

shanez

Lifer
Jul 10, 2018
Las Vegas
@ lawdawg

Good on you for helping a stray! Also, it's amazing when a cat "chooses" you. If a dog likes you it might simply be because you smell like bacon but if a cat likes you they really like you.

Reactions: Bengel and lawdawg

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
lawdawg, your cat strums the strings of my heart, since I had a much beloved orange tabby, mine perhaps mostly Absynnian loving rain and being water resistant, wonderful animal lost too soon to FIV. But brave and affectionate all the way. Once you learn cat etiquette, most cats are not aloof. They identify strongly to their people and study us in excruciating detail and know more about us than we know about ourselves. My wife's little cat from Long Island was a walk-on addition, probably dropped by the side of the road as a kitten, and our two boys were rescued as kittens out of a drainpipe in a town called Fuqua-Varina, so all rescues. I say the largest lie in the English language is Free Kitten. Our gray Maine Coon looking cat is snoozing beside me on the desk.

Reactions: Bengel and lawdawg
Status
Not open for further replies.