PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

brian64

Lifer
Jan 31, 2011
@Sherm: This is like herding cats. Maybe you should just say anyone who can't follow the rules with their first post automatically gets assigned CB Grape and a poorly drilled Peterson on an island with no coconuts.

puffnstuff

Lurker
Feb 11, 2019
Okinawa, Japan
Okay...I'm in....
Pipe-

My old Paronelli bent rusticated bulldog that I had for years and gave to someone I thought would appreciate it and did'nt!!! Would love to have that one back!
Tobacco-

Original Amphora Brown

lifesizehobbit

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 23, 2015
I'm selecting my Rick Black Morta beefy rhodesian. Great dimensions, easy to pocket and smokes well for any blend I've tried.
Glad that chest is well stocked, because it seems I've come across the last surviving batch of Frog Morton On The Town...and it's mine, mine, all mine...

shermnatman

Lifer
Jan 25, 2019
Philadelphia Suburbs, Pennsylvania
Brian64 - So if I understand your thinking... that would make them all have to share the same small 6 foot diameter deserted island, and the only thing to smoke would be endless amounts of CB Grape, smoked out of ONE poorly-drilled Peterson - which they would have to somehow share and rotate with an old conch shell - AND they would also have to "share and rotate" amongst themselves, the only girl on the island: Mrs. Howell. LOL!
Nowhere I'd want to be... sounds like a fitting fate, I would say. - Sherm Natman

M

mothernaturewilleatusallforbreakfast

My JT Cooke filled with Penzance. One pipe, one mixture. I've turned a corner. :puffy:

johnbrody15

Lurker
Feb 16, 2019
I think I'd go with my Savinelli Pipa because it was my first "expensive" pipe and has sentimental value. I would carve a little face in it, and talk to it. I'd probably open the chest and there would be endless Frog Morton. I think I could smoke that every day and not get tired of it.
Would I eventually find a hatch on the island, and would I need to be concerned with the island's electromagnetic properties?

brian64

Lifer
Jan 31, 2011
@Sherm: lol, That's actually much worse than I was imagining...sounds like it must be the same hell you mentioned Rickles was stuck in. No wonder they're heckling him.

shermnatman

Lifer
Jan 25, 2019
Philadelphia Suburbs, Pennsylvania
JohnBrody15 - Mr. Rod Serling found your idea of carving a face into your pipe highly imaginative, resourceful, and quite in keeping with the wonders found in The Twilight Zone; therefore, he has asked me to inform you, that yes, the face which you carved into your pipe does indeed become animated, and, will, besides keeping you company during your stay on your island, provide you alternately with learned guidance, entertaining stories, wise and sympathetic counsel, or off-color puns; as it suits your needs.
The only caveat is that this only occurs when you have smoked far too much Frog Morton in one session... but hey, you have an endless supply which can never run out, and all the time in the world to try to smoke it up - Sherm Natman
Brian64 - Yes, I suppose it; and it is even worse for poor old Don Rickles, as he never knew the joy of smoking a pipe. - Sherm Natman

kimbiker

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 3, 2014
Stanwell Royal Guard 185, Gawith Hoggarth No. 7 broken flake and 10,000 9mm filters.

celticbrewer

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 16, 2018
Rich dark flake and a good rhodesian and I can sit anywhere (island including) for a long time

lawdawg

Lifer
Aug 25, 2016
I'd probably take a Missouri Meerschaum cob (one of the Washington models in a year where the corncobs were big and thick) and Lane Ready Rubbed. I select this combo because its an easy-going smoke, and you smoke the heck out of corncobs for quite a while before they go sour.
HOWEVER, if I was stranded indefinitely for a period exceeding a month or more, I'd probably take my rusticated Savinelli with the tall bowl and Capstan Blue, for a more durable pipe and a more complex tobacco, though smoked less frequently due to the briar pipe rather than a cob.

lawdawg

Lifer
Aug 25, 2016
@lawdawg - thats definitely my workshop combo for putzing around the garage (RR and a cob)!
Same here! Putzing around my workshop, fishing, canoeing, sitting on the patio in the summer around the fire and having drinks, or whenever I just want a good lazy low-effort smoke.

johnbrody15

Lurker
Feb 16, 2019
@shermnatman, so it is possible that my talking pipe would be wise enough to direct me in how to make a boat from coconuts and bamboo? Although if this were the Twilight Zone there would need to be some serious irony somewhere.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
Although if this were the Twilight Zone there would need to be some serious irony somewhere
The irony comes into play that it was the significant other sending you on the trip to make you miserable. Turns out, that without them, you're sublimely happy on the island alone with your pipe and tobacco. :mrgreen:

Status
Not open for further replies.