PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

newbroom

Lifer
Jul 11, 2014
Florida
Today I received, unsolicited, from a fellow forum member, a package. We'd been exchanging conversational emails for just over a week and he'd asked for my address so he could send me 'something'.

Silly me, I gave it to him.

Upon opening said package, I beheld a pipe very very similar to the one I'm posting in this comment.

To say that I'm astounded is understatement.

This, from a fellow NEW to pipes and pipe smoking! I don't deserve this generosity but I accept it with all due humility.

The accompanying letter was just as impressive, ne, beautiful.

I'll quote the last paragraph:

I want you to have this pipe and enjoy it for many years. Think of life, the family who love you and who you love and all the things that bring you joy in this precious thing we hold in our grasp called life.

My basic belief is simple: It isn't what we take from life that makes us rich but rather what we give back to life that enriches us.

The pipe is a Savinelli Autograph Freehand
p110loo-2-3_1.jpg

p.s. the pipe I received is bigger and more beautiful, but this is an approximation.

mike

jkrug

Lifer
Jan 23, 2015
A very kind and touching gesture indeed. Enjoy your pretty new pipe....and life! :puffy:

newbroom

Lifer
Jul 11, 2014
Florida
I will enjoy this pipe and already have! It smokes like a dream. What a selfless act of generosity. I'd love to name my benefactor, but I'll await his permission. Just let me say that he hails from Canada and the shipping costs alone were more than most of the pipes in my rotation.

hodirty

Lifer
Jan 10, 2013
Definitely great people on this site. I've yet to meet someone here who isn't a kindred spirit (at least deep down). We may have small spats here, but as this shows it really is a wonderful font of knowledge and companionship. Great on you both, very nice Autograph! Thanks to all of you for making this a great place. :clap:

Status
Not open for further replies.